The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where do you buy your 6 speed gear box oil?

monsween

Called toyota and as i thought they just dribbled sh*t. Didnt ask me what gearbox it was and magically came up with an oil.

Gave them this part number: 08886-82025 for the v160 replacement oil and should have it in a few days.

My recomendation, only phone them when you know exactly what you want, dont take their recomendations!

i tried to track down the V160 oil from Toyota they came back and said its discontinued and gave me a replacement one. Didnt feel safe ordering it as they didnt even ask what car it was for.

Id rather go with Opie Oils replacment or Just buy the right stuff Off Paul. :D

The only thing that can put anyone off buying Pauls V160 is maybe the cost?

When you look at the service interval though and the frequency and cost associated with engine oil changes over the same time/mileage then its relatively cheap............it probably won't make so much difference using something else thats good quality but then for the sake of £30 why bother?