The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me some NICE alloys please...

Jamesy

I may be chaning my alloys soon.

I like the ROTA GTR's and Trafficstar STM as well as the ROTA torque drifts.

I currently have 18" Vertec manary's (pictured below)

Would be after 18" again but i want a PROPER dish on the back....

thinking 8.5" frotn and 10" rears??

HELP! :search:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dish will alter with the offset. Lower is bigger. presumably budget is not a problem if looking at the Traffic Stars. I would go down the Work/Volk/Rays line if that is the case. Very light, strong and either very aggressive or showy.

Are you after a JDM look or bling bling?

Nice car. Is that Wez_P's that he sold?

im after a bit of WOW like the trafficstars... yeah Wez's old car mate ;)

The dish will alter with the offset. Lower is bigger. presumably budget is not a problem if looking at the Traffic Stars. I would go down the Work/Volk/Rays line if that is the case. Very light, strong and either very aggressive or showy.

been quoted £1350 for a set of GTR's with toyo tyres, but after looking around i think i want a deep arse dish on the backs.

is 8.5 and 9.5 about right or 10 better for the rears....?

the offsets confuse me a lot when im trying to get quotes....

Lower down the price scale, in line with Rotas, my Ultralite Nurburgrings. 18 x 9.5 rears with 265/35/18 tyres. offset is 34 or 36 I think.

if the same as the pic below they would be perfect - maybe 8.5 fronts and 10" rears.

what offset and tyres would i need for those sizes? love them.....

if the same as the pic below they would be perfect - maybe 8.5 fronts and 10" rears.

what offset and tyres would i need for those sizes? love them.....

http://www.skylinepart.com/ekmps/shops/japanimportcar/images/3_hyper.jpg

They'll be mine. Think they only go to 9.5 on the back though, the offsets you may be able to change. Dont remeber the exact ones I have though.

20 will be pushing the limits I think. handling wont be at its best either TBH. Contact them or one of the traders to see if the hyper silvers can be done in a more suitable offset. Some people do run that offset I think but you'll have to do a little research to find out the info on that. You can also ask them what the recommend for a supra.

Lower down the price scale, in line with Rotas, my Ultralite Nurburgrings. 18 x 9.5 rears with 265/35/18 tyres. offset is 34 or 36 I think.

I like those. Just looking at Jamesy' 500 threads about wheels :)

Why does it look like you're tucking into a quick snack whilst waiting to launch off the line in that photo? :D

Sort of with the 1st statement. It can get quite complicated TBH, and I can't really explain it in great enough detail to give you all the info you need. There is quite a bit of info on here. Posts on the item from people like chris wilson and Homer are worth taking note off. Have a search. FWIW, generally after market wheels are similar in offset when the widths are the same and they are for the same models. Paul Whifin is an ultalite dealer too, so he maybe of help:)

I like those. Just looking at Jamesy' 500 threads about wheels :)

Why does it look like you're tucking into a quick snack whilst waiting to launch off the line in that photo? :D

Thats not the worst pic, i look like I'm picking my nose in one when I'm halfway down the strip:D

Thats not the worst pic, i look like I'm picking my nose in one when I'm halfway down the strip:D

Just need to get one looking like you're yawning or asleep at the wheel to complete the set then really :)

Jamesy, whatever you do don't go 20s, not even 19s if you can help it, unless you then spend £££ on suspension/geo you're going to cripple your traction and grip. May look good, but no fun for a spirit drive imho

If you're after style or a showcar go for 19s as arch clearance and brakes shouldn't be an issue. Just not my cup of tea.

Just need to get one looking like you're yawning or asleep at the wheel to complete the set then really :)

Jamesy, whatever you do don't go 20s, not even 19s if you can help it, unless you then spend £££ on suspension/geo you're going to cripple your traction and grip. May look good, but no fun for a spirit drive imho

If you're after style or a showcar go for 19s as arch clearance and brakes shouldn't be an issue. Just not my cup of tea.

na i want 18's mate... the Ultralite Nurburgrings are top of the list right now....