The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interesting idea, has anyone ever thought of this?

monsween

What would you say to a capri with a 2jz?

I personally have been thinking about it alot as i love capri's almost as much as supra's.

However they are just too slow :p

So you recon this would work? I know the rover v8 goes in no bother.

Im guessing getting a fooked tt supra and transplanting everything would be required.

the reason im asking is i may have a chance to get a capri with decent body work and a fooked (or soon to be fooked) engine. So unsure what to throw in there.

The standard mod is a rover v8 which gets you noise and 170bhp. Just thinking of something different and LONG term lol

You would need the whole shibang though, the whole running gear would need to be shoehorned in. The engine wouldn't be much of a problem IMO. The gearbox etc might be a bit of hassle.

400 ponies in a capri would be absolutely insane though.

The bell housing on the stock capri gearbox is, as I remember, very narrow, much more narrow than the supes. The engine wouldn't be an issue, the transmission tunnel would need a bit of work to get it in though.

If I were to do it, I'd not bother with the supra rear axle setup, as the capri uses leaf springs on the rear with fixed rear suspension. I'd fork out for a custom drive shaft to mate one end to the getrag, and the other to a stock (albeit soon to be rebuilt :D) back end. Actually, I'd rebuild a stock 1600 4sp rear diff, with the little ratios these things run, you'll need to fit a wheelie bar :D