The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What width of alloys for looks??

Jamesy

I might be changing my alloys soon...

..i currently have 235 tyres front and 265 rear tyres.

i might want a bit extra width on the rears.

can anyone tell me what inch width alloys i need to look for please? (think i read 8.5" front and 10" rear????)

and any decent wheel sugestions appriciated.

top of the list are trafficmasters and volks GTR's....

275 tyres are ok for 9.5" wheels. But remember the wider the tyre the more likely there will be rubbing and therefore the arches will need to be rolled. Also if you're after filling the arches the wheel offset will be important. The lower the offset the further out the wheel will be pushed. Again rubbing maybe an issue with this and poorer handling. Most aftermarket wheels have an offset of +34 ish which is ok. Stock is +50.

cheers....i am looking at the ROTA GTR but have just read they will rub if i get the 9.5" with 265 tyres.

what kind of offsets do i need to get for the supra?

Running Rota GTRs myself, 245 front, 265 rear and don't have any issues with rubbing (before and after taking off the 40mm lowering springs on UK shocks). Where did you read about the rubbing?

IIRC front offset = 25, rear offset = 30-35.

I have GTR's (you've seen them Jamesy) mine rubbed with 265's on, I have rolled the arch's slightly, they still rubbed on big bumps, I have now fitted 255's and they dont rub at all, even though I have lowered it some more, I will be going back to 265's though, and rolling the arch some more.

thanx guys

read a LOT of posts on searching on here about rubbing.

been offered a set of GTR's (8.5" front and 9.5" rear) with 255/35/18 rear and 225/40/18 front.

does that sound ok? i wanted them to be DEEP at the back - will that cut it?

Garfy, can u send me a pic of yours again mate? were yours bigger on the backs or same size aloy all round?

Personal choice at the end of the day. Some dished wheels look smaller because the spokes dont go to the outter of the wheel. Just an illussion (sp). I like the wheels on your supra TBH, a dished look probably suits the car a little more IMHO:)