The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy rad Help guys

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

my alloy rad has just turned up but not sure if its right or not.

I have a 94 jspec tt bpu and have a stand alone oil cooler for the auto box, i took the old standard rad off and have gone to fit the new ally one but it only has fitments for 2 water pipes and the drain pipe on the overflow am i missing something as the car has 2 pipes down on the bottom.

[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/angel984/002-2.jpg[/img]

in the pix from above its the pipe to the right

Edited by blueangel (see edit history)

my alloy rad has just turned up but not sure if its right or not.

I have a 94 jspec tt bpu and have a stand alone oil cooler for the auto box, i took the old standard rad off and have gone to fit the new ally one but it only has fitments for 2 water pipes and the drain pipe on the overflow am i missing something as the car has 2 pipes down on the bottom.

the two connections at the bottom were for your old auto box cooler, as you have an external cooler you dont need them anymore :D

Looks like the oil cooler pipe to me. maybe the old pipe if the cooler has been upgraded ?

yeah that, the radiator on your car will be no different to any other auto, basically it has engine coolant in and out (32mm dia), auto transmission in and out (10mm hose tails at the bottom), a cap, a drain, and a temp sensor, thats it :blink:, have at look at your replacement cooler and make sure its plumbed in as the hose you refer to is defiantely an old gearbox hose