The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Performance Brake Options for a Supra

SupraAyf

Big brembo monoblock kit is awesome mate, prices are on the mvp site, it was about $6000 iirc.

Cheers Jamie, I thought you would be first to answer mate. I'll have a look but I'm hoping that price would cover all 4 corners.

Didn't you have a bit of a bad time with those 8-pot D2's. I want to discount the bad ones too?

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

Cheers Jamie, I thought you would be first to answer mate. I'll have a look but I'm hoping that price would cover all 4 corners.

Didn't you have a bit of a bad time with those 8-pot D2's. I want to discount the bad ones too?

Yeah that was front and rear.

D2's did there job but have no place on a car of your pedigree;)

I put up a thread about the D2 8 pot set up as the price seemed attractive. Fellow members advised that they would be not better than stock UK brakes (but they do look good)....

I have a Stock UK TT and will be going for Toyota OE brakes from Whifbitz or possibly 3G 10 groove discs as a result.

D2's did there job but have no place on a car of your pedigree;)

You're a true gentleman sir;)

I have a Stock UK TT and will be going for Toyota OE brakes from Whifbitz or possibly 3G 10 groove discs as a result.

That sounds like my current set-up matey.

I have KAD (AP) fronts, they're tuned to match the UK rears so you don't HAVE to upgrade both ends - and I can confirm this as I often try to push my luck and have a little play with my car when I turn-in under brakes on a track.

Paul Whiffin is a dealer and was/is having a sale on AP brakes.

I use Porterfield race pads and can't fault them, although the weight of my car means they don't last long when faced with track levels of abuse.

Edited by SteveR
typo (see edit history)

I have KAD (AP) fronts, they're tuned to match the UK rears so you don't HAVE to upgrage both ends -

Paul Whiffin is a dealer and was/is having a sale on AP brakes.

Cheers Steve mate, I have just checked Paul's Traders Section and this is what he had on offer for July and August:

AP Racing Formula 356mm 6 pot front brake kit, retail price on these is £2152.50. Special offer price £1863.63

I can also provide a matching AP kit for the rear which is only available through me. 4 pot caliper, 343mm discs, £1808.95

Big brembo monoblock kit is awesome mate, prices are on the mvp site, it was about $6000 iirc.

Just checked the MVP page Jamie and that's an impressive set-up

Stock UKs with Performance Friction pads, these are very very rare now but the Endless carbon range might be a good contender.

I use a custom floating rotor setup on the front, supplied and fitted by CW.

And this does the job when you're pushing your single turbo hard then?

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

And this does the job when you're pushing your single turbo hard then?

Seem to work ok for me.

EDIT: Although when I went to measure tyre pressures after a session the front plastic dust caps had melted away to just some goo on the threads :D