The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi, new and need some advice

Guest -Clarkey

Guest -Clarkey

Hi, Im 18 and been looking at UK supra TT autos. I currently have a classic subaru impreza which im considering selling to get a supra but wondering a few things. Are the servicing costs high on the supra and what tends to go wrong with them ? Also how much does it cost to fill the tank and what sort of urban mileage can i expect without driving too hard?

Thanks,

Paul

Servicing is relatively cheap, very little goes wrong with them and they have an 80 litre fuel tank (UK does at least, J-Spec is smaller) that should see 350 miles of careful driving. Expect around 8mpg if you go BPU and take it on the track though :)

Which classic Impreza do you have at the moment? Any pics or info on it?

Guest -Clarkey

Just got a UK spec impreza classic in reddish blue, not got many mods just the OZ multispoke gold alloys, mudflaps and rb5 interior, try find some pictures. Also what sort of price can you get a UK spec auto for nowadays? i wanted a non turbo due to lack of driving experience however i cant get insured lol

Edited by -Clarkey (see edit history)

Crank pulley has a tendency to take a wobbler. Be careful with that.

Depends how spirited you get with the driving. I'm seeing probably 200-250 to £60 (import TT).

Servicing shouldn't be too bad - depends if you do it yourself or not aswell.

If you can afford to run and maintain it - do it! I got mine a few weeks ago (I'm 21) and it's the best thing I've done :D

Just got a UK spec impreza classic in reddish blue, not got many mods just the OZ multispoke gold alloys, mudflaps and rb5 interior, try find some pictures. Also what sort of price can you get a UK spec auto for nowadays? i wanted a non turbo due to lack of driving experience however i can get insured lol

UKs vary in price quite a bit so it's hard to give an average for them, some go for £5000, others for £15,000 - with a car of this age it's wise to make sure anything that can wear out has been replaced though, things like brakes, intercooler, suspension, turbos etc can be expensive - none of them "go wrong" as such but on cars that are 15 years old it's not out of the question for things to need replacing now and again.

So you can pick up bargains but be careful, sometimes it's worth spending a little bit more to save money in the long run :)

Just got a UK spec impreza classic in reddish blue, not got many mods just the OZ multispoke gold alloys, mudflaps and rb5 interior, try find some pictures. Also what sort of price can you get a UK spec auto for nowadays? i wanted a non turbo due to lack of driving experience however i can get insured lol

Don't know how much you know with regards to model types and so forth but I'll say it quickly anyway:-

UK specs are ALL TT models. Auto and manual.

J-Spec are available as NA or TT, with auto and manual variants of each. There are different trim levels (SZ and SZ-R on the non turbos with the difference being an LSD (this is on the 93-96 models) and the 96-02 SZ-R also features the 6 speed gearbox. The RZ/RZ-S/GZ are the variants of the TT models).

The UK spec TT is generally cheaper to insure than the import NA simply because it's an import! I found the J-Spec NA and TT to be very minimal in insurance pricing. The TT was a decent bit cheaper to insure, but this - for me - was outweighed by the general going rate (I didn't even look at autos and, thus, can't help with their average price!).