The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manual Aerotops

northstretch

Hey guys, dont think this has been discussed before looking back through the forum search.

How much more is a manual aerotop worth over a normal auto aerotop?

Your guaranteed that a handful of times a year you get young noobs flocking onto the forums asking where they can buy manual aerotops after they have seen the fast and the furious.

For those of us who dont live in the US where they sold manual aerotops, would a manual aerotop be worth top dollar over here?

I was discussing this with a friend down the pub the other day and he reckons that the holy grail of supra spec would be a black GZ aero converted to 6 speed. We think average milage and condition would be worth at least £10k?

Also non turbo, a black sz aero with GZ interior converted to 5 speed manual with LSD would be worth around £6k?

What do you guys think?

Edited by northstretch
Try to make the point of my thread more obvious (see edit history)

If it was done nicely and on the right car then those prices would be about right, maybe at bit lower for the NA. Provided, there's no stupid bodykits, stock unmolested cars are the ones are going for more these days than ones with loads of shit clued to them.

That said, my stock looking NA 5spd aero is never worth that amount, more like £2.5k.

EDIT - Oh and Hi Lee :p

ooo.... I could have one soon. My GZ Aero is pretty much stock - OEM skirts and spats, and soon to have facelift rears and front indicators...

....Just debating with myself whether I really want a manual. Before I got my GZ I really wanted a manual, but now I've had my auto, I love it.

If it was done nicely and on the right car then those prices would be about right, maybe at bit lower for the NA. Provided, there's no stupid bodykits, stock unmolested cars are the ones are going for more these days than ones with loads of $#@! clued to them.

I am offended:tongue:

On topic nice GZ aeros go for around 8k, so with a 6 speed box 10would be somewhere around right IMO