The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Calipers

SupraJames

Just a quick question but are UK rear and Jap Rear Calipers the same..? Both 2 pot. Just I have a seized piston in one of my UK Rear Calipers and thought it might be easier to just find a replacement.

A bit of pressure from a G-clamp to free it up and then a good lube and overhaul should do the trick rather than replacing it:)

i had same sorta problem with fronts , may not work with the rears but i just took loosened the nuts and flipped the caliper bit up and take out the pads then pumped the brake hard to push it out, worked well.

although im sure sum1 on here will know how to do it better :)

EBC can overhaul you calipers for you for a fee. They do some sort of blasting technique on them once they're stripped, they then replace all seals, bleed nipples and pistons, once reassembled, they powder coat them in a colour of your choice. The default colour is gold (BLING !). I had all 4 of my s2000 calipers done when I got the car due to 2 of them sticking, I got all 4 done for less than £400. This price includes them sending a courier round your house to pick them up, and delivering them back via courier within a week.

I have pics of the finished calipers which I can't link to at work, but I'll put them up later if you're interested.