The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wish me luck!

pedrosixfour

Well after months of searching, waiting, haggling, late nights, bruised knuckles, turning the air blue, spending a not inconsiderable sum of my hard earned and a few surprises along the way the Supra is finally ready for it's debut trackday this friday at Mondello.

When I say it's ready I mean there is finally enough of it bolted together to allow me to see some action before the season ends! I'll be addressing the interior over the winter with regards to the roll cage finish etc.

The spec thus far is as follows:

1995 Toyota Supra SZ-R

3 litre, non turbo

W58 5 speed gearbox

Toyota TORSEN LSD

Mods:

6 branch stainless steel exhaust manifold (first decat)

O2 sensor wiring extended

Stripped second cat rewelded slightly askew to eliminate strain on exhaust system from fitting above manifold

Custom made top engine mount bracket required to fit above exhaust manifold (are ye starting to see a pattern?:))

No shiny pipework was harmed. i.e. beaten with a hammer

Bonnet sound proofing removed

Air con pump, radiator and all pipe work removed

Shorter ancillary drive belt fitted

Entire hot/cold air system removed from behind dashboard

Fresh air feed from front bumper to cabin via engine bay fitted to keep windscreen clear

Stripped interior, seats, carpets, mouldings, doorcards, roof lining, all sound proofing, seatbelts, everything.

Full weld-in roll cage based on FIA approved design using 50mm C.D.S with 3mm wall thickness and wrapped in foam

Dashboard cut to allow refitting around roll cage

Pair of Sparco Evo 3 seats on custom made mounts to fix seats lower and further back than original fixing points would allow

Pair of six point harnesses, lap belts fixed to original seat belt mounting points, crotch belts fixed to original seat front mounting points and shoulder belts fixed to roll cage rear suspension cross member

Sparco suede trimmed steering wheel mounted on 60mm OMP extension mounted on aftermarket steering wheel boss

Full UK brake set up with 3G grooved discs, hawker pads, Motul 5.1 brake fluid and braided steel brake lines

Extension studs fitted to rear hubs for use with 15mm H&R hubcentric spacers

Full set of steel tapered wheelnuts drilled out and tapped for use with extension studs

17" Volk Racing SF Zero rims (8" front, 9" rear) with Bridgestone RE? rubber

17" Work Emotion CR Kai rims (8" front, 9" rear) with Toyo R888 rubber

Original 16" rims can be used as drift and drag rims with 15mm spacers

Carbon fibre canards fitted to front bumper

Full service carried out, fully synthetic engine oil, large capacity engine oil filter, platinum sparkplugs, fully synthetic gearbox and LSD oil, power steering fluid change, coolant change, clutch fluid change (5.1)

Engine undertray removed

Timing belt and tensioner change

Warning lights re-soldered to eliminate intermittant fault

I think thats about it:eyebrows:, it's late and my brain is nowhere to be found.

Just thought ye should know that the last number of months that I have spent on here have been put to good use and I have enjoyed my time as a Supra owner even if I haven't driven the friggin thing since I bought it in September '08!

BUT MAN, IS THAT ALL ABOUT TO CHANGE!!:D:d:d