The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch Choices For My Single Build??

Geo

Ive put the RPS 6 puck on mine and have been very impressed with it, I would recommend matching it up with the stock flywheel though to keep the noise down :D

Can be a lttle grabby when its cold. For this reason maybe the streetmax would be a better choice if its just a road car.

Ive put the RPS 6 puck on mine and have been very impressed with it, I would recommend matching it up with the stock flywheel though to keep the noise down :D

Can be a lttle grabby when its cold. For this reason maybe the streetmax would be a better choice if its just a road car.

yeah it wont be for track, well maybe once or twice a year if that, so really a good road car. :

Whats it like when pushed down, does it feel heavy??

PAH its not even that loud mike! your brakes make more noise than that thing does! :p

He he, get them replaced

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

PAH its not even that loud mike! your brakes make more noise than that thing does! :p

i hear good things bout southbend but you dont realy here a great deal bout them this size of the pond. Most just use rps clutches

Does Dude on here, not supply Southbend clutches with his 6 Speed Conversion Kits.

Interesting to hear his views on it??

yeah it wont be for track, well maybe once or twice a year if that, so really a good road car. :

Whats it like when push done, does it feel heavy??

He he, get them replaced

I thought it was mega heavy at first but as its bedded in its more and more like a stock clutch. prob about 10-15% heavier.

Put it this way there is no issues with holding the clutch presssed at lights for example

RPS street max, mine has done 16k, $#@! load of dyno sessions, couple trackdays and lasted 2 seasons of suprapod, the thing seems indestructible.

must some clutch then Jamie if your giving it credit, as yours must gets battered alot of the time. lol :D

Southbend would be my personal choice. Very strong and live a long time, seriously good price too when bought direct. (edit - just seen Dude/AFR are offering these so there's another option for you)

RPS street max (single plate) always seem to have good feedback on here over the years, but are more costly.

what sort of power will a rps street max handle and is it benificial to use a lightened flywheel.

Mine is on a stock original flywheel, handle 600bhp with ease, as said above plenty people rate the southbend so its probably just as good.

My advice is try and stay with a single plate clutch on a stock flywheel, them light flywheels are horrible noisy buggers.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I'm running a RPS street clutch too, have been for the past 4 years (one of which has been with the single 555bhp) without issues.

more than happy to stick with the RPS again unless something better and cheaper was available.

• 1 year later...

I know these thread is old but I want buy a new clutch rps street max but are ask me if I want with Solid or sprung hub i don't know what means these, also will have my rps twin carbon + aluminum flywheel for sale with 6000km later I will post pics when took it off.