The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELLOOooo....!!!

nuttynutz

right first of all, like to introduce myself (OLLIE) hello all, been gazing around this site for quite some time now, and now finally put my foot in to saying hello.

my bro and i will hopefully be picking up his supra on Thursday.

duno why its been taking so long but its been way over two weeks from when i should have initially been able to collect.

The guy said it failed its MOT on the alloys cos its got some chunk off the side the rim of one alloy. then he claims that the dvla taking ages to get it registered.

my bro took less than a week to get his (private) number plate off his current Pug 306 to stick back on the original one, so ready to transfer it to the Suup.

after negotiating a price we also asked him to fit in a CAT1 alarm, at an additional £180 or near there. should i like ask him to throw that in free for the time waste hassle and inconvenience? but i duno how we should pursue this as he trying to say if not you can have all your money back and i sell on. this guys a trader (autoseek) he's an alright lad, but to be honest, its kinda taking a p!ss now with all this time consuming business. my neighbour took only 3 days to buy his S2000. (you f*#king Honda's i hear you say :p )

well thats that point, second point, its a '94 White Supra, had to be white, and had to be manual (auto no fun sorry if i insulted you auto guys, but according to my old man, even he said "you sure you wonna get an auto and drive like a grandad?" that made EDD (Bro) THINK twice) ideally wanted an aerotop, but realised they only auto :(, its also a NA, bro didnt want to go for TT cos he heard about the turbo's always breaking? insurence crap, and higher maintenance?

it comes with white 17" enkei alloys, lowered, Full toyota factory Body kit, which i think is the nicest, except maybe get a different front bumber, i like the Bomex one (not the FnF one), basically ones that look similar to the stock but FATTER :D

Anyways, you guys probably think i chat so much Sh!te here...bleh

so better make this quick, like to know

1) Insurence, who? where? what kinda quotes you guys have, my bro 25, with 5 years no claims (at moment best quote is £1250 with direct line, and they wont even add me as a name driver *&^#) but i am only 20

2) that geeza selling me the car, your opinions

3) meshing up the front stock Bumper, changing the uglyness of the orange indicators (side and front), polish the plastic headlights?

4) ermmm ermmm ermmm no more else for now, Have a good day.

bloomin heck, didnt realise i wrote so much. Ahhhh i see i will have alot of interest towards this car, just by typing so much crap here already.

Ollie (& Edd)

Hi there and welcome.

Sorry to hear that your brother's car is taking a while to get ready for collection. It can take some time especially if there are problems with the ESVA. Yes, the DVLA can royally drag their heels with registrations. You didn't mention whether this is a fresh import from Japan or a car which was already in the UK though...

TBH its a bit of a shame that your brother didn't spend some more time on this site having a chat with the owners because he has been given some real duff info about the MKIV and it sounds like its affected his choice of car. The auto box is one of the best on the market, has a deselectable overdrive, can be manually shifted (as fast or faster gear changes than a manual box) and the car can be safely power braked for good off the line performance. General consensus is that while the style may be a bit more leisurely, its pretty hard to drive "like a grandad" in an auto Supra.

To be fair though, they do sap a bit of extra power out of the NA.

If looked after then the turbos shouls not break. Plenty of them do, but you wont find too many people on here runing completely standard setups w.r.t. the turbos. The J-spec cars (as you may know) have ceramic impellers which spin up faster but are much more brittle than the UK steel ones and won't put up with as much abuse. To say thet are always breaking is a huge over generalisation. As far as maintenence is concerned, a Toyota dealer will charge you the same for working on an NA as they do a TT. The only additional running costs are the slightyl higher MPG from the NA (24 versus 20 or so) and an optional extra oil change in between normal services. Insurance on an NA is almost the same and in some cases even higher than a TT.

In any case I'm sure your brther will love his car. I have an SZ Auto Aerotop in case you were wondering.

IIRC my CAT1 alarm was £400. £180 sounds a tad cheap to me?? Is it insured already? I had to insure mine up front and I got the importer to refund me my premium for the time the car was not in my posession.

As for your questions:

1) Try Elephant and Tescos. Lots of people on here through them. I'm with A-plan but they prefer the over 30's.

2) If the bloke has geniune reasons for the delays then there;s not a lot you can do but wait. I you suspect he's dragging his heels then kick him up the arse and give him some deadlines. I really dislike the "you can always have all your money back" alternative because it suggests that he can't be arsed to get a move on even to make the sale, which can't be good for business.

3) All that stuff has been covered on here. Have a look using the search function. Its all doable.

4) Will do :cool:

Hope your brother gets his car soon.

For

1) Try A-plan 0845 0711234

not sure they will like you being on as a named driver though:(

as for

2) Well it depends i spose how keen you are on the car, its price etc.... if he'll give you the money back then you just need to decide if this is the right car for you/ your brother.

3) all been done before by others, best to 'Search'. "bumper mesh"and "clear indicators" should get you what you need.

oh and welcome:)

er yeah what Darren said:innocent:

I have an NA too (currently!) but am very pro TT. I do think you are missing out if you never own one.......but i appreciate the worries of potentially large repair bills and the NA manual can still provide most of the thrills of the TT, but you'll find that you will merely keep up with most cars rather than toast most cars :D

Also paying more to insure a car with 100BHP less just p*sses me off:D

Originally posted by Darren Blake

Is it insured already? I had to insure mine up front and I got the importer to refund me my premium for the time the car was not in my posession.

DUH! Of course it isn't insuread already. You wouldn't be asking for insurance company recommendations if it was, would you? Sorry!

:stupid:

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yea guess i shoulda done abit more indepth Research. but oh well.

but to be honest, in all the cars we have seen, this one did stand out from the rest.

as regarding the CAT1 alarm, he says he putting it in at trade price, brand (Toad) any good? i duno but it will do so long it knocks down the insurence price abit more.

Darren, yes its a fresh import, he was kind enuf to show me the car b4 he took it through sva testing and MOT, hence why i know it failed MOT on the alloy.

and well actually, tell you the truth i dont actually know if Edd has comfirm insurence yet, but i thought i just ask here just incase he gets some silly quotes. so nah wasnt really a daft question even tho i didnt state :p

Price i got it for is £6,500 + £180ish (CAT1 alarm). with 60k ish miles, which i think is pretty good considering its a manual cos i look in auto trader, and 8/10 cars they be autos. not only that, without any bodykit.

that reminds me also forgot to mention that it has an Apexi exhaught.

and scooter, yea well, see how this Na goes for now, a supra has been my brothers dream ever since it came out. he likes it due to the cool facter, i mean, you might get some chump in a proper done up civic, pull up next to it a supra, who gets all the looks?? unless its a lambo or ferrari then ermmmmmmmm yea ok next topic ... :p

Ollie

thought you might wonna see pics.

this is how it looks now(ignore tha black poo on the bumper thats just dirt)

and second pic is how i want it to look after (with abit of photo editing :D )

http://mi.aacdn.us/nn2/badfgadfgb.jpg

http://mi.aacdn.us/nn2/asdfasdf.jpg

welcome mate :thumbs: As usual some quality responses from Darren & scooter there,just like to add if the car is clean then you got yourself a bargain.

If the rim has a chunk missing out of it it may be worth taking it off and seeing if the wheel balances up properly,somtimes if the rim is buckled real bad then you dont get a 100% true balance.t may also proove difficult sourcing just one of them rims,all things to mention to the dealer when you go and pick her up (if you havent already).Also check for tyre damage on the rim you mentioned was damaged as if there is major damage to the alloy then chances are there will be damage on the side wal of the tyre too.

Originally posted by nuttynutz

Darren, yes its a fresh import, he was kind enuf to show me the car b4 he took it through sva testing and MOT, hence why i know it failed MOT on the alloy.

and well actually, tell you the truth i dont actually know if Edd has comfirm insurence yet, but i thought i just ask here just incase he gets some silly quotes. so nah wasnt really a daft question even tho i didnt state :p

Mne was a fresh import too. I had to get mine insured before registration IIRC. JIC told me that this was the way it had to be done which I found a bit odd...

Good price and the car looks sweet. I think the clear indicators suit it. Like the white alloys on a white car too. Can't beat the stock kit either :cool:

hello far and faye,

yea the chipped alloy, went to get refurbished, and Full set of Tyres were needed for the MOT, so i guess this car looking pretty Newish.

The interior however, looks like its been a previous smoker, cos around the ashtray bit, that panel has alot of chip wear and stuff. thats the only thing that lets me down, would like to Paint the interior panels to maybe get rid of it all, but that looks like a mission and a half.

oh yea that aint the only thing that lets me down, the arial, URGHHH man, nasty...

looks like Im driving a real scale Radio Control Car :p

wonder if its possible to get rid of it completely or stick some Short one like a bee sting or something.

Darren, getting yours insured b4 registration... hmm does sound abit strange, but thats all in the past now.

Faye, take it you're an NA too? gald im not the only one, know that whitesupraboy2 is NA too.

so how many NA members are here?? i thought mainly TT owners here. thinking they would start ripping the p!ss outa me for getting a NA :conf:

Ollie

Hello mate and welcome.

Im an Na too, theres quite a few about. You will get some stick but its all good fun, and at the end of the day we still get a lot of power and no blown turbos to worry about! :p

Very nice lookin soop :thumbs:

As far as the ariel goes, there is another one built into the rear window, im having this one connected up and having the old one filled in and painted over etc. Dont know anyone else whos had this done tho.

Anyways, good luck and i know youll love it!! :)

ahhh i like the sound of what you done to the ariel Trig. will haveto talk to you about that, in the future about that, but at the moment, just buying the car, dont think want to be spending any more at the current moment.

let me know how that ariel project goes for you. and im sure everyone else probably wants to know, as you goto admit, its dam ugly :p

BTW, where this Meet in Bolney? wheres that? whitesupraboy2 was just telling me about it, saying that ones in southern are good.

and last time he went to one there for a supra meet, there was like 40 you guys??? dam, wish i was there, who went to attend that?

that meet looks wicked, i goto go to one of those, never seen and love to see a whole bunch of 40+ supra's at one go.

let me know when one those meets happen again.

but at the mo, pretty busy until june, got Final year degree exams ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

so first meet i be going to in a supra, i think will be the jap meet at ACE cafe in june.

hope to see a few you guys theres.

Originally posted by nuttynutz

Faye, take it you're an NA too? gald im not the only one, know that whitesupraboy2 is NA too.

so how many NA members are here?? i thought mainly TT owners here. thinking they would start ripping the p!ss outa me for getting a NA :conf:

Ollie

Yep I'm an NA, I've got an auto aerotop. As Trig says you'll get some friendly banter about things missing from your engine bay but to shut them up you just need to put an non standard exhaust on your car ;)

Originally posted by Faye

Yep I'm an NA, I've got an auto aerotop. As Trig says you'll get some friendly banter about things missing from your engine bay but to shut them up you just need to put an non standard exhaust on your car ;)

ahh thats alright then, cos this car already has an aftermarket, apexi i think exhaught, duno if theres an air filter tho, cos it has a blitz sticker on the standard plastic box filter, duno if there might be a blitz inside.

But COLLECTING THE SUUP on thursday. cant wait, cant wait, its finally ready. so i will try, as im no mechanic, work out what this car comes with. other than the ones i stated earlier in this thread

Might also Part exchange my PUG 306 (1.6XS R-reg) if he gives me a decent quote. will miss that car. otherwise, will need to sell on autotrader or something. so any interest let me know.

also anyone here a van driver?

i got two to sell, k reg (i think) ford transit, and a L reg mercedes box van. both are refrigerator vans, but both refrigerators dont work.

When you collect it just see how many miles you do in it in the first week.

Also allow extra time to get too and from work, as the trip are never direct anymore...i do a big loop :D

Can we all make a prayer to the sun gods for saturday as i need to wash and polish the beast!!

Being white i should of washed it on sunday......after i had washed it on saturday :stupid:

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

When you collect it just see how many miles you do in it in the first week.

Also allow extra time to get too and from work, as the trip are never direct anymore...i do a big loop :D

Can we all make a prayer to the sun gods for saturday as i need to wash and polish the beast!!

Being white i should of washed it on sunday......after i had washed it on saturday :stupid:

well thing is, this car wont be used for daily use, just as we currently are, we only drive mainly in weekends, and when my bro needs the car, i end up having to drive a long wheel base white van, how uncool is that, picking up your girl in a fecking van. altho the first time i did pick her up, she was quite exited.

but as im still a student for only 2 more month, i be taking the tube to uni anyway, and my bro lives walking distance to work, but the car stays put at home, muahaha :flame Dev for me to get my grubby hands all over it.

mate, you starting to worry me with the amount of washing i will start needing to do, my current pug 306 is blaze yellow, and it hides the dirt very well. by the sound of it, seems like you need to wash it like once a week:eek: or is that just me being lazy or is that what all supra owners do :p infact in general, any car owner should do.

i try to do it every weekend, coz after 2 weeks its closer to charcoal grey then white!

its the type of car after washing and polishing...shines at you :D

then a voice says 'drive me' you take it for adrive to be only back at square one where u been stuck behind a bloody truck, that is chucking out diesel and cant decide what bloody lane to have and whenever u go to overtake looks like its goona crush u :mad:

Im not bitter though :)

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

i try to do it every weekend, coz after 2 weeks its closer to charcoal grey then white!

Yeah WSB2 your car does look gei every time I see it:D I'va always hated white on cars in all honesty but I do think that the Supe pulls it off. WSB2's car does look nice when he turns up to meets. Its one of the few cars I would have in Red as well, just don't let Dangerous Barin hear me say that!!;)

Sounds like you got a nice car for 6.5K if it all works out okay, hope you have lots of fun with it.

As for your questions, well, there pretty well answered, but for the record, my auto TT is much better to drive than my manual NA round corners, or in traffic. The TT was 10% LESS to insure than the NA and I have had no problems whatsoevr with it in the year that I have owned it!

MPG is only slightly worse than the NA.

Welcome to the site though, now get back to studying for them exams!:p

Originally posted by Steve W2

Yeah WSB2 your car does look gei every time I see it:D I'va always hated white on cars in all honesty but I do think that the Supe pulls it off.

No white is best and your car looks gei with that high rear end of yours :D

WSB2's car does look nice when he turns up to meets. Its one of the few cars I would have in Red as well, just don't let Dangerous Barin hear me say that!!;)

wrong again...it looks the Dogs Dangles :D

and as for the red comment, i will blank it from memory so i dont think less of you. :p

suppose red is ok when it can go faster then 112mph :innocent:

sup steve.

well, i aint seen your car b4, so would be nice to see you post it up for me to see, but yea i agree with WSB2, your car looks gei :p even tho i aint seen it yet :D

red, hmmm no comment, just not my colour i guess.

but yea, i agree with you tho, white cars not really my thing too, but supra looks god dam nice in it.

another car that pulls it off in white is the new honda integra DC5.

yup thanks, hopefully it all goes ok, would like to get a full check up on it some time tho to know whats been done to it etc etc

anyway, i best go study, off to the library, otherwise my butt will be glued to the chair in front of the PC.

Ollie, just noticed your theorem and its flawed, it should read 'speed=TT'

He just jealous because my car is lowered with alloys and his is standard. Well, apart from the scratch on the rear bumper where he mishandles 225BHP and spanked it backwards into a bridge!!!!!!:p :p :p

PMSL at my own post:D !!! (and WSB2!):stupid: