The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trd kit and wheel prices - any ideas

hodge

im starting to price up parts for the new project. Could anyone help me out on some idea of costing.

Id like a GOOD QUALITY replica trd kit

A set of 19" split rims with a standard supra offset but a bish to fill the arches. I think the rear is 25mm wider and the front is 15mm wider than stock.

I think the rims jamie bought for his red supra would be about right at the back as veilside overfenders are 25mm wider at the back also.

Thanks

John

Wide enough for ya? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-WORK-EQUIP-17-RIMS-240SX-RX-7-SUPRA-WIDEBODY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2ea2159234QQitemZ200287818292QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Not sure if Michel is selling but he said he had another set of wheels he was putting on, that may mean his 11" Volk GT-C's may be available, they would be a straight fit (no spacers) for a widebody

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

Wide enough for ya? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-WORK-EQUIP-17-RIMS-240SX-RX-7-SUPRA-WIDEBODY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2ea2159234QQitemZ200287818292QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Not sure if Michel is selling but he said he had another set of wheels he was putting on, that may mean his 11" Volk GT-C's may be available, they would be a straight fit (no spacers) for a widebody

Think those are a little wide jay lmao. But thats the idea haha.

So does anyone have an idea on kit pricing minus the spoiler.

My TRD kit off Envy was over £3k without the bonnet and my

19" 3 piece Work Equips were also over £3k

This was a while ago though

Just found this on MVP's website

Supra 1993-98 TT

*TRD Complete Widebody Reproduction Kit for 1993-98 Supra*

Part # TRD Replica MK4

This is the complete TRD Widebody Reproduction Kit. We have sold several of these kits and everyone has called us back to tell us how great it fits. A body shop in California called to tell us that it fit better than a genuine TRD kit they had previously installed!

This kit is 100% complete and you can choose if you want the hood and wing or not. The price here includes a fiberglass hood and your choice of wing as explained below. You can also get a carbon fiber TRD-style hood for $200 more, just contact us. You can choose the wing pictured here (only in fiberglass as TRD does not make a wing with a carbon fiber center, only RMM makes that) or the 3-post TRD wing.

Clickhere for a large page (modem users will take a long time to download all the pictures) with a ton of pictures of one of these kits being installed. As you can see it fits beautifully. You could spend twice as much on a genuine TRD kit and wait 3-6 months for it to get to the USA, or you can buy our kit for half the price and have it next week.

Please note this ships in some rather large boxes, expect shipping to cost up to $500 to the 48 states (not included in the price) or $375 if you choose no hood (choosing a wing does not effect shipping costs).

We can also sell you some individual pieces if you want. Pricing is as follows and does not include shipping:

Hood, Fiberglass: $850

Hood, Carbon Fiber: $1,050

Wing, Either Style: $525

Please note! One of our competitors is selling a TRD Replica Kit for $2,000 (without hood). This $2,000 replica kit is NOT the same kit we are selling. The replica kit they are selling is the same kit found atwww.importfan.com which is GTP International. GTP is well known on the inside of our industry as making the cheapest parts imaginable that do not fit. Their TRD replica is no exception. It is manufactured in Taiwan using the cheap blow-mold method used on most replica kits. It is not hand-laid like our kit (and like the genuine kit, the Veilside kits, the Do-Luck kits, the Top Secret kits, etc.). The GTP kit will weigh almost twice as much as our kit due to the extra resin used in the blow-mold process (we are happy to explain the difference in the blow-mold and the hand-laid manufacturing process, just contact us) and it will not fit correctly, and it will crack and chip paint easily. However, in the interest of competition and fairness we will sell you this GTP kit for the same $2,000 our competitor sells it for, just contact us.

MSRP $9,800.00

Your Price $4,500.00

gh

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I want an aerotop jay and have my mind made up on a trd kit I'm a strange creature like that LOL.

you have my sympathy, for all the stress and expense that lies ahead...

i still have rear quarter sinkage related psycological issues.

seriously though, you wont get much change from 10K for kit, fit, wheels and paint, i spent over 15 getting mine right.

you have my sympathy, for all the stress and expense that lies ahead...

i still have rear quarter sinkage related psycological issues.

seriously though, you wont get much change from 10K for kit, fit, wheels and paint, i spent over 15 getting mine right.

Ill fit the kit myself matey and know a good bodyshop that will do the paintwork for me.

Ahh right, good to see you have a vision in mind :)

Not a vision jay more like prophecy lmao.

I saw this on the mpv site but to be fair the delivery is tons pull my eyes out. I was hoping to get something in the uk but it's looking doughtful.

John,

I will chat with my counterparts tomorrow to see what the chances are of getting a TRD kit posted to a US postal address in the UK. This would reduce the postage by circa 70%.

This may be a non-starter due to it's size but it could be worth a try mate;)

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

Just lifted this from the Envy site for their TRD kit:-

"This is simply the finest replica available, no one does it better. This kit is identical in every way to the genuine thing. These come off the same mould and by the same company that does the real TRD kit. It includes everything, Front Bumper, Front Bumper Diffuser, Front Wings, Bonnet, Rear Bumper, Rear 1/4 Panels, Side Skirts. The spoiler is a choice between the R and S type. Please remember our prices include: VAT, Duty, Insurance, Transaction Charges & Delivery (which is huge on a kit like this)" £3995.00