Grazer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good :thumbs:

CRAIL RACEWAY NEWSLETTER

14th April 2004

As the rising sun comes up on Sunday 18th April, Crail Raceway will see some of the finest Rice Rockets in Scotland including Scooby's, Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Mitsubishis and Mazda's flexing their muscles on Scotland's 1/4 mile - regular users needn't panic as its open to all as usual. We will be running special classes for the imports and all other vehicles can carry on as normal.

On Sunday 18th April, Crail Raceway will also see Banzai Magazine visit for the first time to a Scottish event. What makes this even more special is its our first time with 2 disciplines to contend with as drivers. Not only the 1/4 mile, but we have a special handling track set up at the drifting oval. This will consist of a sprint-like set up with all drivers doing an oval circuit followed by a figure of 8 round the extended drifting oval. This will be timed and run the same as the 1/4, with Banzai on the look out for the best rear/front and 4 wheel drive. There will be a special prize for the best drifting around the track also no water or any other slippery solutions will be down so its down to you to do your stuff. There will also be a Show & Shine with the usual prizes for the best Japanese Rice Rockets in Scotland to include Best: Mods, Ice, Interior, Overal, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi. Trade stands and clubs should get in touch about places and availability plus early access to set up their stalls. Gates open 9:30am - 4:30 pm, £7 per adult, £3 for under 16's and free for under 10's.

Yep meeting there would be fine. I haven't met anyone from the bbs before so would be good to put some faces to names!

Think i'll be meeting at MacD's just at the bridge early doors - if the weather is good!

Just had a quick look at the five day forecast and says its gonna be sunny fri, sat and sun, low temp alsowhich would be good!, we can only hope!

Jonny

Originally posted by jjgage

Think i'll be meeting at MacD's just at the bridge early doors - if the weather is good!

Braehead (Glasgow) 7am

MacD's (M9/A8 roundabout) 8am

Then Crail!

Let's arrive f'n'f stylee :D

Reading is ~30mins from Heathrow Airport - I was gona say from London but, then I don't live in London :)

Cheers Paul, It says 9hrs :eek:

But, then it says 4hrs to Liverpool when I can do it in just under 3 :flame Dev

So, I guess it will be ~6/7hrs

Hmmmmm, I'll have to think about that one as I have just worked 12days straight and some days 16hrs long so, I'm b@ll@x'd

Peter - it used to take me 3 1/2 hrs drive time from Liverpool to Edinburgh (I was a student in Liverpool) at a cruise speed of 85lph :thumbs:

Would be good to have you along!

I'll be leading the convoy from the McD's at the Forth Bridge over the backroads to Crail in my track wh0re 200SX :)

Convoy will be quite a sight (and sound) including Supra's, 200SX's, GT4's and RX7's.

I plan to get a few decent 1/4 mile times in, then attack the handling course for a good time before switching to my drift wheels on the rear to drift around it.

moose moose moose, i need to get a fuckin decent car again ;)

got a pish time of 14.8 but now have a slipping clutch in all gears....

traffic jam over the bridge was not much fun trying to get it to bite LOL

i think if i raced you guys in the wet we may have had a 'close' one (your times at the start were similar to mine mid 15's low 16) but grazer raped my ass (1st time for everything eh ;) ) later on in the day :( ;)

My SX blew its fcukin turbo before I even got to Crail! :eek:

So that was my day ruined :(

And will skin me £800 for a decent RB core unit to replace it along with me spending a day working on it to do the swap.

Should have been on for at least a 13.7 with it when it was drier later on, an one of the top times on the handling course. Still, I managed a 57 second lap of the handling course in my bro's GT4 :D

Gutted.