The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worth it...or not

jackso11

As far as I can make out, it's a Cat C non-turbo Aero (it doesn't actually say anywhere on that page it's a Twin Turbo, just that it looks like one). Worth maybe £1k?

EDIT: Missed the engine shot, definitely non-turbo. Waaaaay overpriced. :)

really? as little as £1K? is that because it has been CAT C?

Yeah its not a TT, they say it hasa TT body kit....NA and TT look the same anyway, I have emailed him and told him that it is way over priced for a CAT C. Waiting to here back :)

I am looking for an aero for a TT conversion, you reckon this is a good project car? or steer clear?

I have no experience with a CAT C car.

Depends on what the cat c was for... mine is cat c, but only cause i had damage to the front... easily fixable and no lasting problems at all.

however... this example is way over priced! I have seen good N/As go for 3.5k with decent wheels and a kit...

Edit: he also says he has alot of money spent on it..but also mentions its un-modified... so whats the money been spent on i ask? :blink:

Edited by AlexJames (see edit history)

the seller is going to hate me....I emailed him and asked him all of that!

Before I noticed it was a Cat C I even asked him if he would do a swap with my car and he said he would rather have the cash as it was a px in the first place! he should have done it, would have ended up with a much better car! haha

check out what he has come back with, I was very polite and was acctually thinking about buying it if he reduced it to a sensible price!

he replied...

adam,its as simple as this,if this is out of your budget please dont waste your time on it,the price is written there and thats the price its going to go for,if you dont want it dont worry about it,rather than you telling me what i should do with the price,please find yourself another car.

thankyou for your time

not being rude,just telling you not to tell me how to handle my business,your not the only person who is interested in this car!!

hope you find one for 1k,and i hope someone from the owners club gives you one.

cheers

lol way overpriced.

For example my old facelift manual NA (see garrage) with a full bodykit and nice wheels went for 500 quid more than that over a year ago when prices were better. And that was a totaly clean car.

Also for a car thats done 84k miles that engine bay is like new. Hiding something?

My old car again had done less miles than that... check my NA's bay in my garrage. It had been garraged all its life apart from when i had it. And it was nowhere near as clean.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

hahaha,

Next instalment just came through from the very professional car sales man. It seems he was not happy with me ignoring his last email!

He wrote....

cheers mate best of luck with your car im sure its worth wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more;)

and i hope you also have spent a lot of money maintaining it and not modifying it!!!

cheers;)

If anyone is looking at this car steer clear, very dodgy guy and very over priced.

I asked him in an earlier email where all the money spent on it went if it was standard, he didn't answer until now.

I think maybe he had a drink this eve.