The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone reversed into my door and drove off

hadyn

Following a great day at Supra Pod on Saturday, some nice person thought it would be a great idea to reverse into my door in the night and drive off :(

Been to a paintless dent remover today and he says it will have to be a bodyshop job to sort this and that will cost a few quid due to the amount of paint that will be required.

Will sourcing a second hand door and replacing sort this or will there be a colour mismatch?

Try another dent removal company before you do anything too hasty, several said they couldn't sort out a dent on mine and then one chap came round to the house and popped it out in minutes. I think some of them are either lazy or don't like a challenge.

If it is a case of it being beyond this I would have thought a door would be the cheaper option if you are willing to swap things over yourself.

I had my passenger door dinged in the middle of the door last year (mine is silver too, apparently a bugger to match), after lots of sharp intakes of breath from various bodyshops, I found a place in Pompey that did it in an afternoon.. cracking job and looks perfect.

Sorry to hear this, but shop around a bit and you'll find someone good :)

Try another dent removal company before you do anything too hasty, several said they couldn't sort out a dent on mine and then one chap came round to the house and popped it out in minutes. I think some of them are either lazy or don't like a challenge.

If it is a case of it being beyond this I would have thought a door would be the cheaper option if you are willing to swap things over yourself.

The guy who looked at it said he was worried about either cracking the glass using the removal tools or pulling off paint from the door doing the job and didnt want to take the risk.

The guy who looked at it said he was worried about either cracking the glass using the removal tools or pulling off paint from the door doing the job and didnt want to take the risk.

Sounds like he bought the kit on eBay to make a few quid, try someone else, if they say the same thing try another one, if they all say this then apologise to the first one on my behalf please :)

Thing is I'm so chuffed with how tough the car is and how it performed continually on the strip at SupraPod in the baking heat, that I only consider this a little niggle :)

I've put too much love into this car for this to truly piss me off.

I think they're trickier to do when they're close to the edge of a panel like that. If it were me I'd persevere to find someone who'll give it a go to remove the dent rather than repainting or door swapping.

The how to align doors section of the manual looks interesting and seems to require certain tools.