The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-cat N/A help

Kearney

Just fitted my new de-cat I got off a member off the site. Seems a tiny little bit too big of a bore its about half an inch bigger. Anyway I put it on and the car doesn't seem to make up its mind if its quicker or not. One min theres a flat spot at lets say 3000rpm... next there isn't! Same situation happened when I fitted a new ram pipe for my induction kit but after a day's driving I just turned it on and for some reason it was really nippy! Duno whats up with it, the car HAS to be possesed :sly:

I'm guessing its the ECU learning and trying to adapt to the new part maybe? It does without doubt seem better up high RPM

heres the pics

Glad it has arrived safe :) Have you tried resetting the ECU ?

Yeah me too, was hoping it'd arrive before suprapod but sure its no problem. I'm thinking about doing that. Just going to pop out and disconnet the negative on the battery and have some dinner. :)

Some say you'll lose some mid-range with a mod like that.

I personally just cut my cat open, removed the innards and welded it all back together and I don't see any loss in power, anywhere.

It does sound like a banshee with her nipples caught in a bench vice tho :cool:

What fuel are you running it on?

If the ECU reset doesn't help and you are running it on the normal Irish petrol, 95 octane, maybe you should try it on Maxol E5.

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

Some say you'll lose some mid-range with a mod like that.

I personally just cut my cat open, removed the innards and welded it all back together and I don't see any loss in power, anywhere.

It does sound like a banshee with her nipples caught in a bench vice tho :cool:

What fuel are you running it on?

If the ECU reset doesn't help and you are running it on the normal Irish petrol, 95 octane, maybe you should try it on Maxol E5.

I'm running it on E5 anyway, hopefully the ECU reset will do the trick. Any pics of your engine bay/exhaust system?

Yeah, i have an autobahn 88 manifold and double decat and its amazing compared to what it was before

Ah deadly, what kinda gain? Any pics of videos?

i have double decat on mine i reset the ecu straight away after fitting them there was far better throttle response instantly noticable by me and my bro so there must be a small increase but also if you double decat the n\a it is very loud my neighbours will vouch for that lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ-9gTeIMK8

HAHA some video, I'd say they love you. It seems like the 6 branch is next on the list. Can't seem to get a set of cams anywere, only If my car is distributor-less is the only way a set of BC cams will fit her.

Not a one mate, shes not presentable yet.

Its a six branch stainless steel manifold into a stripped 2nd cat into a cat back 3" stainless Jasma system.

Ah I see, another noisey one :D :D :D

Good gains though yeah?

HAHA some video, I'd say they love you. It seems like the 6 branch is next on the list. Can't seem to get a set of cams anywere, only If my car is distributor-less is the only way a set of BC cams will fit her.

Ah I see, another noisey one :D :D :D

Good gains though yeah?

Well I'm happy with it now, there isn't a lot more I will do to the lump at this stage. A TRD panel filter is in the pipeline.

Cams may leave the car a cnut in every situation apart from a track. A lumpy gutless pig to drive around town and a very narrow powerband will mean endless gear changes when you finally get to open the taps.

Guest cbr337

ive got a six branch on mine with double decat and blitz nur spec rear box and i find its a bit flat ish till 4 grand and the she goes and it bloody loud! but sounds lovley

Same thing happenms to me. There seems to be a flat spot between 3500-4000 and sticks there for a couple of seconds. Do you have an aftermarket airfilter? Im sure mine might be caused by this.

Yeah its exactly the same as me, that exacty RPM band. But otherwise is all other RPM its going a bit quicker

Guest cbr337
Same thing happenms to me. There seems to be a flat spot between 3500-4000 and sticks there for a couple of seconds. Do you have an aftermarket airfilter? Im sure mine might be caused by this.

ive got a twin hks air filter on mine

Guest cbr337

they came already fitted to the car i cant remember the type of apexi filter i had on my scooby it had a cone effect in the middle of the filter