The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crank Pulley Tool

dandan

Guest dragondrummer
Aha - that doesn't sound toooo bad. I was worried about the starter method onto the ground as the car is on stands/blocks...could be interesting :D Onto the chassis leg sounds a little more sensible.

Is this a common "enthusiasts" method?

i used the chassis method when i changed my cambelt,took 3 hours from start to finish with no special tools,im not a mechanic,it's just a straightforward task.i have an n/a auto.

cheers.

If you get stuck Dan, I have the Toyota lock up tool and bar for undoing the bolt. Postage there and back might make the Machine Mart one more viable though. You also need a good puller if she's on there tight. I've also used the above methods to remove the bolt, and they work well too. Nice to lock it up properly to fasten it back up though.

Ah right - good point, balls!

I could always get it all off with the starter method and then use the tool for assembly some time after the weekend.

In fact the brake method may be better as I have no rad/exh manifolds or anything so a quick blurt on the starter could be a little messy. Is a long bar, in gear, foot on brake likely to work ok?

Is this the puller you mentioned Michel:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cht223-46-pce-harmonic-balance-puller

No - the pulley was swapped for a Boostlogic one about 600miles ago and the crank nose looked in good shape so I'm hoping there won't be any insurmountable "pulling" issues.

It's breaking and then retorquing it that is bothering me.

give me a shout if you want it :D

To be honest Paul i think it would be a good idea to have the right tooling for this job. If you don't mind lending me it then I'd really appreciate it. You fancy sending it to same address as QTP instructions (thanks - arrived today) - I can wait a little depending on strike but I'd defo send it recorded/insured to be safe. :)

To be honest Paul i think it would be a good idea to have the right tooling for this job. If you don't mind lending me it then I'd really appreciate it. You fancy sending it to same address as QTP instructions (thanks - arrived today) - I can wait a little depending on strike but I'd defo send it recorded/insured to be safe. :)

no problem Dan i will post it tommorow, oh apologies on the QTP intructions i "trusted" the wife had posted them about 2 weeks ago but whilst having a sneaky peak in her handbag for some money the envelope was still there :complain:, wives dont you just love em :blink: