The mkiv Supra Owners Club

possible newbie

Guest flosswel

Guest flosswel

hi all, am going to test drive an impoted TT auto supra tomorrow after work and just wondered if there were many common faults that i should keep an eye out for?

thanks Dean

Hi mate. Make sure you pop the hood and check it has a 'B' on the Trans/Axel line on the chassis label (Limited Slip Diff).

That's helpfull advice:rolleyes:

Ignore him mate, most Supra's don't come with an LSD as it's not really needed;)

also what is the average age of members on here? just curious as im quite young and a supra is a pipe dream for most kids my age

All ages, there's plenty of young un's, I thought I was young getting mine at 19 until the first person I met with one got there's at 17:blink:

That's helpfull advice:rolleyes:

Ignore him mate, most Supra's don't come with an LSD as it's not really needed;)

Really? Have you checked all the X's against the LSD on Mawby's chart?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59334

I was lied to by the importer when I bought my car who told me it had one. Check out the following - first 10 seconds is a TT with a standard diff (one wheel spinning), most of the rest is in an NA with an LSD - much more fun.

Edited by dukenukem (see edit history)

lsd makes sod all differnce to road driving. Even driving quickly. a LSD is NOT a must have" accessory unless you intend to drift arround corners on a public road like a loonatic. or feck arround in a carpark like a chav.

telling someone to not buy a car if it hasnt got an lsd is quite bad advice.

the model differences guide is exactly that. according to that my last car didnt exist. (5 speed manual, LSD, NA facelift) also many facelifts dont have vvti engines. Its not a definative 100% accurate source... its a guide.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Guest flosswel

sorry took me a while to get back on here,

after driving the car i fell in love, im just sorting the funds out now and will hopefully have it in a week or so, fingers crossed.

i think there was a button that was labelled something to do with LSD, cant be certain though.

hi all, am going to test drive an impoted TT auto supra tomorrow after work and just wondered if there were many common faults that i should keep an eye out for?

thanks Dean

:innocent: I read that quick and thought you said 'impotent', but then I noticed you said TT and not N/A.