The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post SupraPod 09 discussion thread

Gerry

Thought it would be good to have comments etc in one place.

Really great day chaps, many thanks to the organisers who ran around helping the rest of us have fun.

Slightly dissapointed not to better my 2008 time, best for me today 13.7.

Soo was chuffed, she beat her last years time with a 13.9 and thrashed me in my (underpowered, FWD, work) Civic - three times :(

Well done to JamieP for not only bringing his (Stormtrooper) bike mates with him to entertain us on the strip (and M1) but in doing his 10 second run, brilliant.

Great turnout, great weather, great company.

Cheers

G

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a phenomenally good day today.

I had a lot of highlights - an EPIC convoy of Supras going down the M1 onto Santa Pod, Jamie P running a 10.9s 1/4 and my car doing 28 runs

I saw and ran with LOADS of nice Supras and I'm currently uploading 200+ pics to photobucket. Ill post them up once they're uploaded for you all to see.

The one thing I have taken from this is just how bloody tough the Supra is. I've never run more than say 5-8 runs in an event before, but to run 28 runs in a day is ridiculous, especially when you consider nothing broke, the car got faster as the day progressed and it got me home with no bother

Epic epic epic stuff, today made me proud to be a Supraman and was what being a car enthusiast is all about

i was just going to start a thread myself until i saw this one. thanks a lot to all the management for such an awesome day!

a few key things for me that ill remember or that happened today:-

1. jamies car teaching the 800hp R34 and the R35, two generations of skylines a lesson or two about going fast (jurgens guna be hating me right now)

2. my first race with lui, he reversed to get the car lined up and forgot to put the car in drive! so lights go green i take off forward, he takes off backwards lol! i laughed my a$$ off all the way down the strip!

3. blackie looks like Pancho from Dirty Sanchez.

4. SteveR specifically stated 'drag racing is for gays'.

5. Jay i think is still at the pod because i dont think he made 11 seconds yet.

6. the bike guys on the motorway were insane!!! quality stuff!

7. Lui has a thing for Curry's Delivery trucks.

8. At the end of our first race, me and lui decided to stop on the track after the time board at the end of the track and have a conversation. the marshalls went absolutely ape shyt!

9. i paid £2 for a redbull!

10. i explained to b'have how to drag race as he hadnt done it before, i won the first and he won the remainder 10!

11. it was hot, damn hot! with a helmet on it was seriously sweaty!

12. blackie and marc_p are definately dating, im sure of it!

13. i managed a 12.6 running at only 1.0 bar of boost with a boot full of i.c.e. and spare wheel.

14. ill try remember more things and add them :)

Edited by adnanshah247 (see edit history)

Guest RWD Freak

1. jamies car teaching the 800hp R34 and the R35, two generations of skylines a lesson or two about going fast (jurgens guna be hating me right now)

(out comes the chavvy excuse book)

1. My launch control had issues lol

2. I was running Falken 451s and they were on the limit of baldness lol!

3. I love JamieP's car, makes me want a supra again hahahah

Jurgen is most probably still at the pod chasing his 10s lol

had a great day lads and thank you lot for it :)

Had an amazing day, big thanks to everyone that organised the day.

Absolutely over the f**king moon with my 10.9 run, the only manual car thats quicker than me on the board is the ENVY car and with mine still being a stock unopened engine im pretty dam chuffed with that:)

At one point i thought i was not going to do a 10, i ran 11.2 time after time till at lunch Ryan had a look at my logs and i was still in the 1.4bar road fuel map (must have hit the switch by accident:() Ryan soon sorted that out and on my second try i did a 10.9:)

Im still suffering from high intake temps, after that run Ryan looked at my log and my intake temps was at 54 degree, the ecu was pulling 7 degree of timing, so thats the next thing to sort out, duct the fmic and heat wrap the manifold and down pipe when the new turbo goes on, im going to fit one of the thermal gaskets to the intake manifold aswell:)

Thats me done with drag racing, now i have a 10 under the cars belt i dont see i have anywhere to go without making the car into a drag car and thats never going to happen, i like my creature comforts and fast spooling turbo to much, i sold my drag wheels within 10 min of doing that run to stop myself from chasing numbers:)

Big thanks for the support yesterday guys, appreciate it, top club we have here:thumbs:

LMAO:d

2. my first race with lui, he reversed to get the car lined up and forgot to put the car in drive! so lights go green i take off forward, he takes off backwards lol! i laughed my a$$ off all the way down the strip!

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Guest Wheelieking

Hahahhahah..... "stormtrooper's!!" LOL Me and the other troopers met jamiep at 7am..... as we followed J down the road going SIDEWAYS.... i thought oh dear, this is gonna be mental!!! Then we left toddington.... Nuff said!! LOL Top day!

My 1st club event, want to say thanks for all the hard work that went into organising it, thanks to everybody for making me feel welcome, got 12 runs in and learnt alot, great day, brilliant convoy, brilliant fun, brilliant cars, brilliant people, nuff said

My first time down the strip. Loved it. Did about 12-13 runs and my 2nd run was a 13.8 which is the best i could mannage lol. It was too hot for the car though. Wasnt getting more than 0.8 bar. :( and when i opened the bonnet to check stuff i almost burnt my hand holding it before grabbing the stand going "hothothothothothothothot!"

Thankyou all

Also had a great day, very nice weather, good to see familiar faces :) Just to confirm - TrickTT's Supra was NOT broken down, he just demonstarted he could get onto my trailer with veilside kit :D Just wondering if Pig got to gas station before running out of fuel? :p

Konrad

Also had a great day, very nice weather, good to see familiar faces :) Just to confirm - TrickTT's Supra was NOT broken down, he just demonstarted he could get onto my trailer with veilside kit :D Just wondering if Pig got to gas station before running out of fuel? :p

Konrad

Got some fuel off someone and then it turned out the fuel sensor is broken so its showing as completly empty when its not!

Shame as i missed my last drift run because I thought I was in trouble!

Great day guys, big thunmbs up to all the moderators and the effort they put in. Especially Steve organising all the bookings :D

Really enjoyed it but was disapointed with the times. Was all lost in the first 1000ft as I could not get of the line and 2nd just span the rears all the way to the rev limit. Need more practice I think