The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R34 from Supra Pod

Guest RWD Freak

Guest RWD Freak

Hi everyone,

Firstly I would have to give a massive thank you to the organisers of Supra Pod, and was really good to meet Lou, Jamie, Jurgen and everyone else, I was in the bayside blue R34 Sky Insurance sponsored car.

Best time I ran was a 11.4516@ 127.23mph, not bad for a car with very worn tyres, and the launch control was playing up. After I get a torque split controller, and some better tyres should see a bit of a difference!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs128.snc1/5489_120171341436_520811436_2913107_5058872_n.jpg

hope I'll be invited to tag along to some of your meets as a few of my close friends own Mk iv Sups :)

thanks again for a great day out!

George

Guest RWD Freak

Thank you for the kind words, I can't believe it, almost 3am and I am still awake! :) Today has been real fun and the people are really nice as well which is a added bonus, hadyn been a pleasure running with you mate and shame the weather was so hot, and the wasps was out in force!

Jamesy, I tried to look for a cheaper alternative to a R34 after my supra ownership days, but after owning an RX7 which is an awesome car, the maintainance will soon catch up to you with the engine rebuilds and what not. I then bought a R32 GTR Tommy Kaira Edition which is my first step into a Skyline, I have to say the driving is alot more involving and if looks and age wasn't an issue that would seriously be the one to have, however, I fell in love with the looks of a R34 when they were launched so that became my goal, when the R35s came out I wanted one too, however the missus persuaded me to go the R34 route and I am glad she did.

Also big congrats on Jamie P for running his 10.9 it was a real good sight to see and the car sounds awesome, I hope Jurgen has now made it home though after the 10s he was chasing! lol Still well done on the 11.1 run. I hope everyone got the figures they were after today as I am happy with mine as I had it set to my head I wanted 11.5s today and went home with 11.4 :)

George