The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not a good Night

Whitesupraboy2

was heading to southampton with some friends on the A31 which leads onto the M27 from bournemouth and following a fiesta which had overtaken at probably about 75mph at about 11:30pm tonight

I then proceeded to watch what can only be described as it fish tail violently twice across the dual carriageway and then fly off into the heath and saw headlights point to the sky 3 times, so it must of rolled 3 times.

Of course i pulled over and dreaded what i was bought to go and find. Of course i wanted to be careful as wasnt sure whether fuel had leaked and could see fluid at the time dripping.

As i went down i could hear banging, good sign!!! she was alright and had un buckled herself and was banging on the window. but she was trapped in the car as it was on its roof, i called the services and they came out.

This happened just near stoney cross tonight and makes you glad to be alive and put things in perspective. I was only doing 65mph at time and i dont honestly know what could of caused it as no wind and she definatly didnt fall asleep as u career off normally when that happens

Anyway as i headed back to bournemouth after not feeling like going to southampton now, there was :

5 police cars

3 Fire engines

2 ambulances

also saw another ambulance on way and 2 police cars.

there was one girl so u dont need more then one ambulance. But ambulance was there within 3 mins and police 2 mins later.

Glad she was OK and we could move on, if it was in the supra i dont think i would of been as lucky. She is one extremely lucky girl! only 20 as well.

Also u could not see the car lights or the car from side of the road so if i wasnt paying attention or no cars nearby, she wouldnt of been seen at all!

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

she was alright and had un buckled herself and was banging on the window. but she was trapped in the car as it was on its roof, i called the services and they came out.

You got her out of the car though, right? What did she say had happened?

Or was she too busy texting somebody at the time of the accident to have noticed ? :D

That must have been a real shock to the system! Lucky she didn't take a few other cars with her, but at least she's alright that's the main thing.

I don't agree that you may not of been as lucky in the Supra, its a strong car, much stronger than a fiesta.

Glad the emergency services where good, but seem like a bit of an overkill to have 7 police cars, 3 fire engines and 3 ambulances for a one car one person incident.

Maybe this is fate for you and her?

Well Done Matey, Good to know someone cares!

I know this sounds bad but there are people out there who would have just driven on believe me.

I spoke to Branners about having a roadside first aid course for the BBS members and John thought it was a great idea and was going to support it. but when I posted a thread up no-one seemed very interested, but tell everyone how you felt in that situation especially if she may have been trapped with an engine fire and petrol leaking or what you would have done if she was lying out cold on the side of the road? You would have prob known what to do but many of us wouldn't including me.

Also when we go on convoys or meets etc if something bad happened would any of us know what to do in an accident situation?

Mr WSB you are a hero, but please try and convince a few that a group First aid course for us lot would be a good idea, coz oneday it might not be such a happy ending.

She is a lucky lady. If you had not been there she may have been there all night. A year or so back a guy didthe same round here. The postmortem found that he had probably taken five hours to bleed to death from his injuries. I just can't imagine what was going on inside his head as he was about 30 feet from a fairly busy road.

As for the MIKV in a roll, it is hard to say as every roll will be different, I have sat in a wreck that rolled, the windscreen was stilll in and the roof line was about an inch or so lower than stock. The occupants( scumbag car thieves) apparently ran away uninjured.

Well done to you for stopping to help, Green is right, some people would have 'not wanted to get involved'

A first aid course would be great, you never know when you may need it.

Ok thanx for replies,id like to point she definatly wasnt speeding,im sure police will be round soon for statement anyway

When i stopped she was very shakey as you'd expect,2 mates i ncar misssed the crash only i saw thats how easy it is too miss it,they couldnt even spot the car. My mate told her to turn her lights off, but i told her no dont and explained quickly that if fuel was leaking and wires damaged we would have a fire on our hand.

She got more worried as fluid was leaking and she could see it, so i put my hand in it and sniffed it nothing but water.

I couldnt get the girl out no matter what i tried. Because the car was upside down. i couldnt open the door or nothing. Mate wanted to smash glass i told him he couldnt, because if she couldnt open the window then there too much weight being supported by it and god knows what would happen!! front window had popped out and i was talking to her, i got her name then the bad news that she had a Bf!!! lol

she had no signal on her phone as well so she would of been totally screwed. Lady on phone from ambulance service gave me praise, for such a good description on a road that had only one turn off near me (stoney cross for ones who live round here) and also for not touching anything and getting her name etc before she asked.

She did make me laugh a little as she said

Service lady: How many people in the car?

Response: one she is trapped inside but moving, breathing and seems ok but shaken

Service Lady: was anyone thrown from car?

Response: nope one in car and shes trapped

lady giggled lol

First Aid: i have never been on first aid course, but i went to scouts,done a small first aid course on here and the rest is just my general knowledge. If there was more then one person i ncar seriously injured,it would of been very hard for me as i was having to tell my mates what to do, not that their thick just would do some things wrong. not that im perfect by anyway.

Yes it was shock to system and didnt fall asleep till 2am, to all over the place, was sure i was going to look at dead body :(

Also another tip for anyone who finds a car on roof, do this:

Do not rush to the car smell the air, you cant run to the car when there maybe fuel about! you have to be careful i could here her banging but i couldnt just run to her,i was shouting so she knew she had been found.

one last thing, if you had gone by,you would of been sure it was a death! just shows you how much it takes to take a girl who was just a bit saw out of a overturned car.

Nice one WSB2, Some really good lessons and very useful to know for future.

I still think it would be good to organise a First Aid course, I know there are some people on here who work in the Emergency services so it would be great if one of them contacted Branners or one of the Moderators, Coz I would be up for this and we could make it a kind of meet too...would be useful and fun.

But seriously mate well done, I know a lot of its common sence in a way, but put to the test some of us would flake out and really not know what to do!

nope i asked her was anyone else in the car with her.

Not a blown tyre i checked the tyres out, all where fine.

What i think happened. Is getting to relaxed and the road has camber changes and can wip the steering wheel easily from ur hands. so it wiped steering wheel from her and she over compensated and then back end went on her and then it flung her off the road, it was lucky she was in fast lane! otherwise first time she lost back end she would of been off road at 70mph.

by way she was in a fiesta mk 3 1.1

Yeah mate that road is crap, I know I did the commuter trek up it every day. Some of the ruts that lorries have left in it are just awfull. Could have hit a rut and tryed to steer out of it specially with small crappy wheels. Was surprised by the fact that the car veered heavily after it finally came out of the ruts and overcompensated then the rest you know. That or she was doing her makeup in the rear view (dont laff this happens).

RE First aid. I honestly think that any citizen should have a basic first knowledge compulsoraly. All members of the forces have a basic foundation test of first aid annually which I now see as being a usefull tool. It improves your self confidence in a lot of situations and makes you look at things a little better (like WSB2's realisation of not just rushing in). I don't know what first aid courses cost in civvy street but I am positive that for a donation to charity any given military medical or tac med unit will do a course for people that are interested. I could speak to the guys at my last unit if anyones interested.

With regard to first aid I think it is a must, I did mine in the marines and since leaving at 18/19 I have used it 3 times:

1) heart attack victim at heathrow airport, crashed into a concrete 12*8 pillar. lived to tell the tale

2) car crash victim in leeds city centre, sadly there wasn't much left of him and he died later

3) I got a splinter in the garden and went into "auto-pilot" mode, ran screaming like a girl into the kitchen to get out my fav noddy plasters

Its well worth doing as much to save your own life as anyone elses, it is just as important to stay calm and think about what you are doing as WSB2 did (all credit to you mate) rather than leg it in there and make things worse.

Well done for keeping a clear head and acting responsibly mate. Every credit to you.

BTW, St. Johns ambulance (i think they still do anyway) and most churches (and even businesses) will run courses or pay for you to go on courses for free. I have had 2 free refresher courses since leaving the marines so it's worth checking it out for yourselves.

Had a simialr crash in a Mk3 Fiesta when i was 19...was taking a cambered bend about 12 o'clock at night in January. Not sure to this day what happened, but i know the road very well and the back end fish tailed. Before i knew it, i was down an embankment, into a field, car on it's roof and me...did a superman out the drivers window! :conf: Lay there until 3am in the morning until the police stopped. Lucky to be alive...docters told my parents that because i was young and fit i managed to pull through. Then spent a year in hospital.

Anyways...just wanted to say, remember your own safety and others! Always wear a seatbelt, and you won't be doing a "Super man" out the screen or side windows. And how Ironic is this...i ended up like the "real" superman. Stuck in a wheelchair due ot paralysis.

:stupid:

I read that as:

" I was having this race with some bint in a Fiesta. God damn if she didn't pass my Supra, so I ran the cow off the road down an embankment (well, who wouldn't?). Then I thought, hell, that must be some tricked up Fiesta, I want to know what's under the bonnet, so I turn back, scramble down the embankment and ask her. She's trapped in the motor, fuel all around, upside down, but even so her telling me to &@#*$ off when I tried to prise the bonnet open was a bit off, and she started to get hysterical and bang on the glass, so I sodded off back to my motor and headed home, leaving the old Bill to sort the bint out. Bloody women drivers...Bloody Fiestas.... "

:innocent:

Originally posted by stealthhosts

[

BTW, St. Johns ambulance (i think they still do anyway) and most churches (and even businesses) will run courses or pay for you to go on courses for free. I have had 2 free refresher courses since leaving the marines so it's worth checking it out for yourselves. [/b]

i did mine through WYMAS (for non-yorkshire members they run some of our ambulance services if not all)

i came a cropper on my old 125 honda & got broken wrist & 2 breaks in my arm - that prompted me to do it.

my employer paid for the week long course - get a refresher every couple years

fao whitesupraboy2 good on yer :thumbs:

Originally posted by davidd

i did mine through WYMAS (for non-yorkshire members they run some of our ambulance services if not all)

i came a cropper on my old 125 honda & got broken wrist & 2 breaks in my arm - that prompted me to do it.

my employer paid for the week long course - get a refresher every couple years

fao whitesupraboy2 good on yer :thumbs:

Davidd, you fancy elvington on monday?