The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a comment. How dare He say that.....

Geo

So im googling about for a new dash etc, looking at the all in one Race dash, and i stumble upon this little beauty of a Reply.

Now the car looks nice, no question.

Have a scroll down and READ the comment from one of the Mods(HERC)

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?p=936052

YOU DRIVE A 1.9 CDTi SRI Astra XP 3 door, My God Man!!!! :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the issue? He doesn't like Supras. Not like he had a rant and started a new thread about it. Just one comment saying he's never been a fan. Get over it.

someone got out of bed the wrong side today eh.

its ment to funny dude as he drives an Astra....

Over it?? I didnt get under it in the first place. :D

Can someone point out to me the comment that was so bad it deserved a thread?! :search:

All i found was one that said; "the supra looks odd"..

Note to self; if i ever want to really piss Geo off, call him odd! :lol:

Yes he calls it ODD.

BUT

your missing the point where he drives an Astra. :blink:

Must be my sense of Humour then made me Giggle. :D

its ment to funny dude as he drives an Astra....

I don't see the joke? :blink:

I think he went easy only saying it was 'odd' when there's a LOT of styling going on, especially with the VS kit and lots of ICE.

He could have said it was the most god aweful fugly creation he has ever seen (the kind of comment you'd get if it were on this forum)... But to say it was only 'odd'... I don't see what the big deal is.

Sorry if the joke is lost on me... :search:

I think he went easy only saying it was 'odd' when there's a LOT of styling going on, especially with the VS kit and lots of ICE.

He could have said it was the most god aweful fugly creation he has ever seen (the kind of comment you'd get if it were on this forum)... But to say it was only 'odd'... I don't see what the big deal is.

Na he meant supra's in general, hence his use of "never" in the phrasing.

I think what Geo is getting at is the Supra was styled to be sleek and nice looking, the Astra was styled to be funky and outlandish looking (to compete with honda etc).

To say the supra looks odd when you own a modern, and deliberately odd, styled car is a bit ironic.

Its just a bit tongue in cheek, not a serious gutbuster.

Lost on most though :D

In fact i think he might even have the older astra which is as boring as it gets. If thats the case then odd to that guy would be anything that looks lost next to a couple of skips.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

o.k.... and umm...

To put into perspective though, the new Astras are really nice. Most are probably higher in value that most supras (unfortuneatly though)

True but would you have one over your Supra???

I dont think he ment that actual Supra, think he ment Supra's in General that look Odd.

Its an Astra he drives...... Aaaaahh

I give Up. :taped:

(the kind of comment you'd get if it were on this forum)

very good point! :lol:

Another point is the comment was general. He thinks supras looks odd. it wasn't even in direct relation to the supra posted :lol:

Sorry Geo, going to have to offer you a:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fail-pregnancy.jpg

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

I think what Geo is getting at is the Supra was styled to be sleek and nice looking, the Astra was styled to be funky and outlandish looking (to compete with honda etc).

To say the supra looks odd when you own a modern, and deliberately odd, styled car is a bit ironic.

In fact i think he might even have the older astra which is as boring as it gets. If thats the case then odd to that guy would be anything that isn't lost next to a couple of skips.

At Last..:rolleyes:

Someone who gets it.

In fact i think he might even have the older astra which is as boring as it gets. If thats the case then odd to that guy would be anything that looks lost next to a couple of skips.

If i ever want to crow bar an explanation into something in the future i'll definately be asking for your advice! :lol:

If i ever want to crow bar an explanation into something in the future i'll definately be asking for you advice! :lol:

Why? Everytime you ask for advice or information you argue against it anyway.

I can't help it if people need spoon fed. I blame the interne... oh wait.