The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Info please

RobD

Right, since i've had the car the odo has read miles which is fine, but the speedo still reads kilo's and has a 110 face over the 180kph facia!

Question 1, should my speedo be reading in mph if the odo is (which it aint by the way) or can you by just th odo convertor?

Question 2, can you buy a speedo convertor and is this advisable or should I just buy a odo and speedo convertor in one ( i.e a thor )

Question 3, How hard is these to fit and would I be better of taking it to a trader to fit ?

Question 3 which is totally not topic related, coilovers get fitted at the end of this month wheres the best place to get my geo setup done near cambridge, wont mind travelling upto 100miles to get this done but just wanted to know where is good, I read that someone went to elites in romford I think it was , are they any good?

Thanks in advance!

Speedo convertors can be bought from Thor. Do a search on the forum there are hundreds of threads... I should know because I asked the same question a few months ago!

People also sell them on eBay but people seem to have horror stories about a Mate of a mate etc which puts people off.

As for doing it yourself, people said it's easy, it put me off the moment I realised soldering was involved... I just drive in kph :)

:D Was looking on his website just before I saw your post, does the convertor also take the speed limiter off aswell or would that be another unit i'd have to get?

If I could get one that does all would be great! :)

Out of interest LBM could you PM me the price you paid for the job parts and labour? thanks :)