The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track day noise limit 105db

francis

Hi guys,

I am thinking of going on a track day with a 105db static noise limit. Just wondering if my Supe would be ok with that.... It's a UK TT6 double decat with HKS Racing Ti exhaust....

If not what would my best option be? Temporarily put the cats back in? Unfortunately I lost the muffler thing....

Cheers,

Francis

Hi guys,

I am thinking of going on a track day with a 105db static noise limit. Just wondering if my Supe would be ok with that.... It's a UK TT6 double decat with HKS Racing Ti exhaust....

If not what would my best option be? Temporarily put the cats back in? Unfortunately I lost the muffler thing....

Cheers,

Francis

i doubht that will pass, depending how strict the rules are though, is it a flyby or static noise monitor

Guest Carsten

The noise limit is just a "stands somewhere on a paper" thingy and a "track operator wants to be secure from law".

If someone (living near a track) is complaining about the noise, the track operator points to his 102dB agreement and is out of play :)

Normally you can drive with any exhaust you want.

In Ger yes. And i dont think its totally different from others :)

Im moving to germany, over here if you 1db above the limit you dont drive simple, some tracks give you 2 chance's to make it quiter or like bedford black flag you and thats it your off after 1 lap.

Then they sell your ticket to another car waiting for you to pack your stuff.

And they keep both lots of money :(

It's TOTALLY different here, noise is a major pain in the backside for UK track users and circuit owners, and getting worse.I am off to Primary Design at the weekend for them to squeeze a SECOND huge silencer into my 2 litre Opel powered sorts racer,as I am sick of the hassle with wondering if it will scrape by a noise test.

I'd play safe and fit a quiet system, no point in travelling and paying to come home again after a few laps. Bungs just up the back pressure hugely and send EGT's through the roof, a properly designed silencer system is what you need. Stock is dirt cheap, fits perfectly and can come off again later.