The mkiv Supra Owners Club

glow dial wiring help

wantasupra

just had a look at those dial kits on visual performance , are they any good ? can anybody recommend them ?

im looking at getting myself a set but just wanted to know if you get the bulbs and everything you need with it ?

p.s. sorry for the hi-jack :innocent:

just had a look at those dial kits on visual performance , are they any good ? can anybody recommend them ?

im looking at getting myself a set but just wanted to know if you get the bulbs and everything you need with it ?

p.s. sorry for the hi-jack :innocent:

yes there very good. easy to fit.the lights are inside the

dials so no need to get or fit bulbs.theres a guide on here.

there a doddle to fit. :D

i kept the control panel switch under my dash as i did not need to mess around with the changing from blue to green,

i pulled the dash to sort out some other wiring faults with supra.

accidently ripped the switch with dash, my error not the kit

i would recomend the dials. :D

b

ahh ok then , cheers for the advice , in looking at them now i have an auto but its a facelift.

so would i have to contact them for special requirements because by looking at the piccys they only do them for pre facelift big and not the facelift.

i have the brushed steel dials at the moment but they arnt giving enough light so think i need to change , but i do like the affect of the steel tho :(

ahh ok then , cheers for the advice , in looking at them now i have an auto but its a facelift.

so would i have to contact them for special requirements because by looking at the piccys they only do them for pre facelift big and not the facelift.

i have the brushed steel dials at the moment but they arnt giving enough light so think i need to change , but i do like the affect of the steel tho :(

If you remove the dial cluster, then remove the bulbs, you'll find that they are fitted with a condom thing that makes them dimmer, pull the condom things off and refit the bulbs.

Job done, nice and bright.

ahhh this i wil have to try, but does this apply for non standard bulbs ?

the guy before me had blue ones and i think maybe 1 has blown as its not very bright near the 150mph marker and the 2k revs , so thats what makes me think its an ebay jobby.

i will contact that company tomorrow for the dials to see if they do for the facelift. and go from there.