The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RHD Japan, problem with postage costs.....

Holden1989

Recently we have bought some new injectors from RHD japan, had to push them about shipping as they were a bit slow (this is normal i pressumed from previous responses on here) but have just got a letter through.....

From FedEx, an invoice for £30 for postage from japan, the injectors on RHD's website were originally £360 (or something like that) then it went up to £420 at the checkout, so i assumed postage was included as it is with anything bought on the internet

What can i do about this? we certainly dont want to be paying £30 but i dont know which side is in the wrong :blink:

Import duty I expect. It's a normal part of the 'bend-over britain' tax process.

Fedex will have paid the import bill directly, to expedite your delivery, but they recover that cost from the receiver, not the sender.

yepp i got something from the usa via fedex. screwed me for 10 quid. ok so it was only 10 quid but i objected. dont see why i should have been taxed on a 2nd hand car part :S

anyway i waited for them to keep sending me letters untill they started getting strongly worded. Then i paid it. :p

Ahh this must be what it is, it says fedex pac VAT and Administration fee, surely there should be a warning on RHDs website? so overall a advertised set of injectors costing £360 has eventually costed £450, what a joke :rolleyes:

All part of the joy importing stuff into this country i'm afraid, nothing to due with the seller.