The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help: Someone in Manchester to fit my new lights

martini

I have bought a set of lights refurbished to look like facelift (black backing) and just spent an hour trying to get the old set out.

I can't find all the screw points and I don't think I have the right tools anyway.

Is there any chance someone could help me (beer money ;))

Bit gutted I couldn't do it :(

Loser
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

Epic fail aside, I live in the very centre, near Deansgate. Can travel out to Bolton or whereever, that's fine - I love to drive her :)

It's a JSpec pre facelift '94 MKIV and I am pretty sure the replacement lights are the same (look it). I unplugged all the HIDs and things, that was fine, but I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the rest of it out.

Had to take off my stupid HKS filter to get to it as well!

There are only 3 bolts but one of them is a real PITA. You need a 10mm socket and a small extension piece on your ratchet. Should be 5 mins of a job really!!

I have just remembered that mine were really awkward as the threads on the back of the lights were getting caught on the metal clips that hold them in place. I was terrified of breaking the light but they are quite resilient..!!

H.

Martini just so you know, once you get the socket it's really easy to do. Im a total car virgin and even I managed to do it 1st time. Have confidence :)

Cheers mate. I could try to find a socket set at work, if not I could borrow a set I suppose :)

I thought those were the nuts, but I could not get the spanner in there :)

Cheers mate. I could try to find a socket set at work, if not I could borrow a set I suppose :)

I thought those were the nuts, but I could not get the spanner in there :)

Buy a socket set you tight b@stard..!!:D

You'll need one even if you want to do the most basic things on the Supe........like erm, changing the lights..!!

H.

Buy a socket set you tight b@stard..!!:D

You'll need one even if you want to do the most basic things on the Supe........like erm, changing the lights..!!

H.

Ha!

I kitted out my toolkit 6 months ago and this is the first time I have needed one! Hey-ho.

At least I know which screws they are now.

What are the 3 metal protruding things with philips screwdriver cross fits at the end of them?