The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Zymol Wax

Sharpie

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18662&highlight=zymol

Following on from my post above and that noone on here has used it AFAIK I got some to test.

Well, I have a new paint job and really want a VERY good finish on the black paint. I hope to be using an experianced user of this "cleaning/wax system" to do the first one for me.

I'm going to be VERY happy or well out of pocket!

I'll let you know how I get on.

I bought Zymol starter kit last summer for £100 pounds and manged to get the lehm clay bar thrown in for free. My supra is also black and can honestly say that it is by far the best car product I have ever used, and i've tried lots. My car is alway outside and even after the winter months the rain still beads. The singl most impressive product is the HD Cleanse, after using this my car looked like it had just left the showroom even though it is a 94 car.

From what i've seen and heard of swissol it is just a rip off of zymol but still a very good product and the price is about the same too.

I would suggest getting the Zymol starter kit, this should last about 2 years, the wax may last even longer.

hi there

i got the Zymol concours kit a while back. it's the business.

wash car

HD Cleanse (once a year or every 6 months)

apply wax by melting in hand,then apply also by hand, your neighbours will think you've gone mad!

every time i wash car, most water will run off, or take it for a quick spin, all done.

my car is black, only thing is attracts mega attention.

regards

Rahul

oh yeh keep the wax in the fridge. and only use little per panel(about the size of a baked bean)and keep away from the kids,they will prob wanna eat it!

Well, I had the garage wax the car in the Neilsons Gold and she came up very well but, I am very very happy with the results of the Zymol wax after only one coat.

I just need the rain to hold off now so, I can give it another wash and wax.

Here are a couple of pic's but, there is crap blowing off the tree in my garden so, you can see a couple of specs here and there.

zymol good.jpg

I forgot to mention that there is ZERO dust too :D

You can put it on your window rubbers, bumpers, glass....anywhere.

I do have a little white dust still on the car rubbers, creases but, this is from the Neilsons/other stuff they had tried along the way.

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

nice clouds eh :D

looks good peter. i use neilsons also from termi and think i'll also give the zymol a go.

check out the clouds on this bonnet:p

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/waxed+023.jpg

Originally posted by Bobbeh

I saw a bottle of Neilsens gold in Halfords the other day, £1.99 (smallish bottle, maybe 250cl. I didnt see the Autosol that I wanted tho :(

they stock loads of neilson stuff now, although not sure if it is actually gold as its just called neilsons polish at £3.99.

is neilsons gold a wax or a polish????

Wax AFAIK Cubannah????sp Wax the same as in Zymol but at a fraction of the price. I have seen Zymol used on a car (two doors side by side not Black very dark green) and TBH there was no visible difference between that and Nielsen’s so not worth the huge price difference. You only leave a micron or two of wax on your car when you polish with any wax the rest always comes off. Zymol may have other things in it which enable it to adhere to the paint work longer. For £200 it would have to last a year or more for me. For £200 I could do a life time supply of Nielsen’s for one car. BTW Gold can be used on rubber etc. I would be very dubious about any product that claims to be a polish for paint work and glass.:flame Dev

Sorry T, I'm not slateing Neilsons, my car was very nice when done with it, I'm just looking for something more......

The clouds reflection is not a good example - my bad!

It's the depth of the finished car which is different and I hope after a couple of coats will give me that glass finish I'm looking for but, we will have to wait and see if *this* Zymol wax can do this for me ??

Early indications are very good :)

Zymol do various waxes starting at £40 - £5,570 so, I guess it depends on which wax you have seen ?

Neilsons wax was also rated very well by the Toyota bodyshop Manager & his pait guy :)

I expect the pot of wax to last 2-3 years as you say T, you only use very very small amounts.

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

Sorry T, I'm not slateing Neilsons, my car was very nice when done with it, I'm just looking for something more......

I know you were not Peter.

I have friends in the trade who are always looking for something good, quick, economical with minimal dust that gives an impressive finish that has customers returning for more. So far Neilsens hits the bill on all counts. If something else comes along that beats it in all areas I'll ensure you all hear about it.

I am not knocking Zymol, just don't think it is worth the extra JMHO. But I don't have a black car with fresh paint;)