The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to get the best racing start?

Guest SUPRAC

Guest SUPRAC

OK so I've had my new Supra TT for a week or two now, and having never driven anything this quick before (previous was a 306 1.6 :o) was wondering about the best way to get a racing start (for example at a drag strip, or say if a Chav in a Nova GSi pulls up next to you at some traffic lights and starts giving you the finger.)

So I take traction control off, hold the revs at about 4-5000, and then pull off the clutch quickly, take 1st to about 8500, quickly shift down same again.... is this the quickest way to start? Forgive me if this question seems silly I really don't know! I timed a 0-60 and I got it down to 4.8, would like to shave another 0.1 off it possible!

Guest SUPRAC

Whoops didn't use the search function, newbie mistake! Yeah Im only measuring it with a stopwatch and a friend eyeing the speedo, so probably about as accurate as a pikey with a calculator.....hmmm......

was wondering about the best way to get a racing start if a Chav in a Nova GSi pulls up next to you at some traffic lights and starts giving you the finger.

fella, do yourself a favour and dont even waste your petrol trying to race little boys in novas, corsas, saxos and rs turbos - you own a SUPRA now. You will probably get loads of "offers" but to tear up with a 17 year old chav aint gonna do you, or your self respect, any good!

if you wanna race try against an R34 skyline, evo, porker, Lotus, RS6, etc etc

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

fella, do yourself a favour and dont even waste your petrol trying to race little boys in novas, corsas, saxos and rs turbos - you own a SUPRA now. You will probably get loads of "offers" but to tear up with a 17 year old chav aint gonna do you, or your self respect, any good!

if you wanna race try against an R34 skyline, evo, porker, Lotus, RS6, etc etc

my thaughts exactly.

8500, that dosent sound safe.

take 1st to about 8500, quickly shift down same again.... !

Definitely sounds like your clocks are out chap, the stock rev limit is 7000-7100ish RPM? ;) Does it happen to idle at 2000 RPM odd?

Unless you've got another ECU in it I doubt your rev limit is 8.5k and unless you've also got supporting mods and a very well balanced engine I wouldn't like to know it's longevity.

0-60 standard trim is circa 6 seconds too for stock.

or say if a Chav in a Nova GSi pulls up next to you at some traffic lights and starts giving you the finger.)

So I take traction control off, hold the revs at about 4-5000, and then pull off the clutch quickly, take 1st to about 8500, quickly shift down same again.... is this the quickest way to start? Forgive me if this question seems silly I really don't know! I timed a 0-60 and I got it down to 4.8, would like to shave another 0.1 off it possible!

not being funny mate but do you actually own a supra, because if you do you will know you dont have to go to all this trouble to see off a Nova, and what ecu and engine internals do you have, to run an 8500 rpm rev limit :blink: