The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats it worth?

Guest bennyessex

Guest bennyessex

The time may have come where I have to spend much more time on the road with work commitments which sadly doesn't leave much room in my life for the sup :(. Though its not up for grabs just yet I wanted some advice from people in the know about what potentually I should sell for.

Its a 1994 Jap Import (2004) 118000 KM's. Private plate inc, Its taxed and MOT'D

Its about to have the delimiter and speedo converter along with new clocks, but already had the light mods etc to make it ok for UK use.

Engine/chassis: ££££'S Worth of reciepts inc all belts changed 2000miles ago, full service inc gear box oil etc etc.

-Blitz Nur spec R exhaust and 1st de cat

-HKS Induction kit

-New rear shocks 7000 miles ago

-40mm lowering springs

-Drilled vented and grooved discs and new pads 500miles ago.

-Khan 19" alloys and 4 new tyres (500 miles)

Car has been fully resprayed in BMW white and retrimmed inside in an off white. It has a clarion DVD head unit focal speakers alpine amps etc etc etc

Its a very clean car, needs no attention at all. My only grip was the aux belt tensioner which is sorted thanks to a forum member and the clutch release bearing, being done next week with new clutch. It drives lovely and looks great. Whats it worth? Be gentle

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=15215&d=1247302240

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=14841&d=1243433955

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=15056&d=1245185324

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=14840&d=1243433771

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=15384&d=1249209702

Guest bennyessex

N/A 5 SP Manual

4.5k at the most I'd say. The Veilside kit limits your market too.

I know its not amoung the most favoured of kits for the sup, but its been very well fitted and finished unlike some I have seen

Guest bennyessex

cheers for the comments, I think it might be better to remove the head unit, that alone stands me in at £££ lots. I have a pioneer one laying about which is pretty smart that could go in.

I dont know why people seem to dislike the veilside stuff, I think when fitted correctly it looks fairly tasteful. Though I never was 100% on the spoiler

that is absolutely stunning mate. so mutch so that if i hava time next week im going to paint mine white. i think the white understates the vs kit and looks great. minus the spoiler and its spot on looks wise imho.

its a shame that sutch a quality good lookin car is only valueds a around 4500. id put it up for a bit more than that if i were you, if the rite person sees it thay will pay for it .

Guest bennyessex
that is absolutely stunning mate. so mutch so that if i hava time next week im going to paint mine white. i think the white understates the vs kit and looks great. minus the spoiler and its spot on looks wise imho.

its a shame that sutch a quality good lookin car is only valueds a around 4500. id put it up for a bit more than that if i were you, if the rite person sees it thay will pay for it .

The white we used is from the new BMW M3 or audi tt its cheap paint considering the finish and white is a very IN colour right now.

I think if I sell i will put it up for 5k and be open minded about offers I guess its worth what someone is willing to pay.

Lovely example. I don't like pretty much any kits on the Supra, including the Veilside, but that doesn't hide the fact it's a lovely car.

I absolutely love those seats! How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

The seats are the retrimmed standard seats I believe it was around the £80 mark

Edited by bennyessex (see edit history)

Guest bennyessex
How much did you pay for the magic seats? They change colour from pricture to picture :D

But in all seriousness, a very well put together car, tastefully modded and clean too. Looks well looked after, shame it's not a TT though.

lol its just the light... they look grey in the shade and almost white in light...... I invented flip leather!

I wanted to go TT, mentioned it to keron bout getting it done I wonder what it would be worth after a conversion? I might actually make more after getting it done I guess.... Id never wanna get rid of it tho ha ha

Guest bennyessex
lovely example of a supra there mate :D ............ on a cheeky note,

what springs are you currently sitting on ? as i have 19" jade r's and want to go lower slightly as the front end seems savagly high :) cheers.

Ummmm I think they are Tein 40mm lowering springs. However im not 100% I will check the box when i get home :search:

Guest bennyessex
stick it on ph at 5500 mate..

looks clean mate and theres plenty poor na`s for sale at 3 to 5k

Ah right, nice one.... Yer I noticed that the other day

Guest bennyessex
Swap for integra type r? :)

Im good thanks mate ;)

yeah thats mint

change the spoiler to trd or oem & front indicators to facelifts

5k +

Yea I agree about the spoiler.... Never was 100% with it