The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will it be safe to run at the Pod??

Clinton

I am wanting to go to Supra Pod and just want to make sure it is safe to do so??

It is a tt6, had all of its oils and fluids changed, the mods include a fmic, air filter, dump valve, uprated plugs, walbro fuel pump, boost controller and back box.

So it still has both cats in, but no afr/egt, water or oil gauges yet? I know the gauges are not essential, but would just like confirmation that it should be safe to run?

Cheers,

Clinton

It will be fine as long as the boost is within the original parameters, just leave the BC switched off until those cats have gone. Do you have a boost gauge?

No there is no boost gauge although i think the boost controller has a boost gauge on it?

The original parameters for stock boost is 0.9 bar isnt it? Would it be causing any damage if the boost controller was set at 1 - 1.1 bar?

Cheers

No there is no boost gauge although i think the boost controller has a boost gauge on it?

The original parameters for stock boost is 0.9 bar isnt it? Would it be causing any damage if the boost controller was set at 1 - 1.1 bar?

Cheers

If your pushing it hard you could see high EGT's because of the restrictive cat's. I would say 0.9bar max with both cats in.

you WILL have high egt with both cats in. i ran my old car at 1.2bar on the pod with both cats +standard intercooler at low 13s quarter mile times. but thats just me:)

If i had to give advise then i will say remove 2nd cat as bare minium if upping the boost.

you WILL have high egt with both cats in.

i ran my old car at 1.2bar on the pod with both cats +standard intercooler at low 13s quarter mile times. but thats just me:)

If i had to give advise then i will say remove 2nd cat as bare minium if upping the boost.

Oh right...:(

Well i wont be able to decat it in time or do anything else to it, surely it will be safe running it at stock boost of 0.76 bar ?? (you were right btw Scotty Supra)

Cheers