The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about getting N/A supra..

Guest JakeM

Guest JakeM

Hey all, new here and going to jump straight in with the usual question..Sorry but desperate for advice!

Just come across £2grand and looking to get a car, up to now I been driving a 1.3 206 (snore) now looking for something with some poke..

I only have the £2k and aren't really in a position to start saving any more, If I sit on the cash I know it will end up being spent down the pub etc etc you know how it is!

So anyway I'm looking currently at; N/A supra / GPX FTO / Golf 1.8T

I know you guys are gonna be biased towards the Supra but being an N/A i dunno!

I'm not after rip roaring power because I dont have the cash for that but enough to lose all those barrys in their novas etc..

Anyway all input and other reccomendations welcomed!

Cheers!

Jake

Hey all, new here and going to jump straight in with the usual question..Sorry but desperate for advice!

Just come across £2grand and looking to get a car, up to now I been driving a 1.3 206 (snore) now looking for something with some poke..

I only have the £2k and aren't really in a position to start saving any more, If I sit on the cash I know it will end up being spent down the pub etc etc you know how it is!

So anyway I'm looking currently at; N/A supra / GPX FTO / Golf 1.8T

I know you guys are gonna be biased towards the Supra but being an N/A i dunno!

I'm not after rip roaring power because I dont have the cash for that but enough to lose all those barrys in their novas etc..

Anyway all input and other reccomendations welcomed!

Cheers!

Jake

Dude the N/a does 0-60 in 6.5secs it is not slow. its a very good car and you will be very very pleased with it if you buy one after owning a 206.

You only have £2k? You're not going to be able to buy, service and insure a Supra for that much..

Good point. If the £2k is just for purchase and you have other funds for insurance and upkeep, then you should be OK, but if it's all got to come out of the £2k, then I'd suggest keep saving for a bit. Stick it in a notice savings account to keep you from temptation! :D

£2k should buy you an early NA in fair (not mint) condition if you're willing to bide your time for a bit.

Sorry to ask, but how old are you? As mentioned before if 2k is your budget for all in, then it's a bit limited to what you can buy. Especially the upkeep, fuel and if you're a young driver insurance tends to rape you.

Also in the long run tyres etc! But, not trying to put a downer on things :D

Hope you find a Good 'un

Guest JakeM

Hey guys thanks for the replies, I'm 23 with full no claims which insurance company have given me as a deal, Insurance isn't really a problem coming in at around 7-800, I work and can pay that+petrol+upkeep.

I know 2k is a bit pitifull but the 206 is having some problems and needs to go, so its spend it on something to tide me over which would be a waste to be honest or get what I can for that price.

It's a shame to go for the n/a version I've also been looking at 300zx's but I get the impression the supras are possibly a better option, it's a shame you can get a 3.0 TT zx for 2.5k good nick but can barely get a non turbo supra for that price!!

Do the N/A's tend to keep their value? say I brought one for 2.5k and then in say a years time was in the position to upgrade to a TT would it be feasable to expect around the 2k mark back?

Edited by JakeM (see edit history)

Do the N/A's tend to keep their value? say I brought one for 2.5k and then in say a years time was in the position to upgrade to a TT would it be feasable to expect around the 2k mark back?

Possibly, if you look after her :)

If you restore her and maintain, you might even get more.

There's no shame in the N/A. It's very fast. I had some guy on a dual carraigeway in a Golf R32 try to undertake me at 60mph, but the N/A supra comes alive at that range.

Obviously a TT and Single are a different kettle of fish, but for that price, the N/A is amazing.

Hey guys thanks for the replies, I'm 23 with full no claims which insurance company have given me as a deal, Insurance isn't really a problem coming in at around 7-800, I work and can pay that+petrol+upkeep.

I know 2k is a bit pitifull but the 206 is having some problems and needs to go, so its spend it on something to tide me over which would be a waste to be honest or get what I can for that price.

It's a shame to go for the n/a version I've also been looking at 300zx's but I get the impression the supras are possibly a better option, it's a shame you can get a 3.0 TT zx for 2.5k good nick but can barely get a non turbo supra for that price!!

They have been falling in value quite abit recently. Though I'd be really shocked if you can get one for below 2k next year but who knows.

Can you imagine mkiv supras being £1200 next year?!? That would be something.

I can't see that happening but that said, I never thought you would be able to get a supra for £2k 5 years ago.