The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Show us your tweeters!

pjavon

Where have people fitted them, any pic's would be good.

I bought focal components because i didn't want to cut the door card so when/if i sell the car i can remove them but i could move the front ones into the back and by some components if i can get round this. I have read the post on ripping out the standard one but seems a bit extreme, may not be as bad as i imagine but just hoping someone else has had a good idea.

Thanks

The point of tweeters is to have them equidistant from your ears, as your ears really notice the difference with the higher frequencies due to the shortness of the waves, so high up on the door is a bad idea.

Also keep them away from glass as this makes the sound too bright. On the piece of plastic just to the right of your feet is almost perfect, aiming to the centre of the roof between the driver and passengers heads. Don't aim the drivers tweeter at the drivers ear. Rather aim it at the passengers ear, and vice versa.

Hope that's understandable and helpful...

Here are some pics from Jamies car with the spot I mentioned.

attachment.php?attachmentid=96564&d=1249155130

attachment.php?attachmentid=96565&d=1249155130

034.jpg

035.jpg

Thanks Mark, thats just what i needed, i take it they sound good fitted like this?

I've seen these and i'm tempted as a mate of mine has the fitted in his Vectra and they sound superb

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/special_offers/focal/p~165KR2.html?cat=38

Or these for a bit more

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/special_offers/focal/p~165KRX2.html?cat=38