The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J-specs

Kopite

Originally posted by kopite

does anyone know how much these cost brand new when they were on sale in japan? just wondering why the j-specs didn't come with with toys and leather, was it to keep costs down or was there another reason?

Who needs leather seats anyway! slippy in the cold and burn your arse in the summer!

Paul.

Originally posted by stealthhosts

But the conversion rate wasnt the same then :)

No way you can get a true figure unless you know the exchange rate at the exact time you are trying to work it out for.

For 2001, the exchange rate was mainly in the 170s according to exchangerate.com

If we take an arbitrary 172 as pretty representative, Dave's figures work out as:

SZ £17,151

SZ-R £20,174

RZ-S Auto £21,220

RZ-S Man £22,558

RZ Manual (GZ, perhaps typo?) £26,046

A bit disappointing, somehow.

Originally posted by kopite

lol paul might still be a bit touchy about his door damage :p think i'll shut up before he starts moanin :D

:twak: :twak:

At least I dont have to drive around in a golf TDI!!:limp: :blonde:

:D:D

I'm not touchy! besides it looks OK now. I'm off to polish it now and take pics too! I'll post em up later!

Paul.

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Errr, but I thought these things were like 40K brand new, so you saying that I could have bought a brand new RZ-S instead of buying one that was 3 years old, those prices seem very low....:conf:

How much does it work out after import tax etc etc??

Probably a lot more??

Paul.

RZ-S Man £22,558

Well working on rough figures in my head, so they will be rough, this model would probably cost you around the £28K mark, by the time you have had it imported.

Still cheap in my eyes when places like JIC were advertising 2000 models with whatever mileage on them for £24/25K, well worth finding the extra reddies to have a untouched, mileageless new one.