The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 'Jurgen is sourcing me a car' thread

Sukhy

Hi guys,

Just thought I would post up to say that I am purchasing a Supra through Jurgen at JM-Imports, who I must say has been great with dealing with all my questions.

I was in two minds whether or not I should spend around 20K to source one that was already complete or one to build up myself.

I then realised that I wanted the satisfaction of building the car up myself (as I did with my 200sx), so decided to get this car - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=191427 which I think is a great base car to start with and to go from there. I know what the general consensus is about the whole veilside thing because I feel that way too but could not pass this car up and think that it looks good as is but I will be working my magic on it.

I will be making it to some meets and no doubt will now be spending a lot of time on here :). Im happy that I will finally be owning a car that I always wanted.

Hi Jamie,

Well exterior wise I will probably change the front bumper to something more suited but will have to see as to how soon because the veilside front kind of looks good for the moment.

I will have to see how it looks when I see the car in the flesh.

The ultimate goal is going for a big single and im looking for something around 650 to 700 streetusable horsepower, so maybe some form of T67 or maybe the T04Z.

It will be a great journey I think to getting this supra the way I want it so im in no rush as I want to do it properly.

I've seen all the cars that Jurgen has on offer but TBH, I would rather do it myself and not parade around in someone else's hard work.

I know that it will be a money pit but doesn't bother me as its all part of owning a car like this. :D

Thanks guys.

I've seen all the cars that Jurgen has on offer but TBH, I would rather do it myself and not parade around in someone else's hard work.

I know that it will be a money pit but doesn't bother me as its all part of owning a car like this. :D

Thanks guys.

Personally, I like the "parade around in someone else's hard work" option:D There's also the factor that some people (only a few) spend an absolute fortune on their car and yet it still looks like $hit when it's finished.

I find it much easier to keep a wife by avoiding the huge expenditure of a 'project' car.

You've done well to choose Jurgen to sort out your car requirements as he certainly takes the worry and pain out of buying a top-class car from Japan.

Boostlogic compound turbo kit :eyebrows:

I was looking at this kit. It sounds an interesting idea but the pic on there site makes the kit look very untidy.

I emailed boost logic about this kit and the t6 turbo kit but they havnt bothered replying.

I was looking at this kit. It sounds an interesting idea but the pic on there site makes the kit look very untidy.

I emailed boost logic about this kit and the t6 turbo kit but they havnt bothered replying.

They never do, talk with Dusty, he will get you a great price and all the info you need.

It does look a little messy, but that's only because of the pipe layout and the lack of space for it.

However, "The compound turbocharger kit builds 20psi at 2800 rpms while flowing enough air to make 800+ RWHP!" :blink:

More than makes up for it :eyebrows: