The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM true boost

pezzler

has anyone had one of these? just looking for some feedback before buying. it looks as though its one of them "exactly what it says on the tin" bits of kit, just controls boost with no fannying about. anyone had any issues with them? cheers

AEM-30-4350.gif

I have one fitted. I like it and it fits perfectly into the clock space. Was very easy to wire up and the intructions are clear. Only thing I don't like is its tricky sometimes to use the menu as you only get 2 buttons and everything has to be done by using these. I mainly bought it as a boost gauge tbh as I like my car to run a 1.0bar which it does on a RR but I'll use it to raise boost again once I get a new IC.

cheers everyone; just liked the look of this controller, there plenty of places i could mount it in the dash and it looks fairly simple. it would compliment the aem afr gauge which is one its way. i'll be ordering one from mvp later this week, will post up my own feedback if anyone is reading this for future reference.

Its a nice design and the gauge part works very well. I dont think it is as advanced as some when it comes to the boost control part though. There is no auto learn or target boost function and you cant plot different levels against RPM or gear etc.