The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota GTLM just arrived

pistonbroke

Guest Garfy

if they are the same ofset on the back as the GTR's you might need to roll the lip slightly, depends how hard your suspension is

if they are the same ofset on the back as the GTR's you might need to roll the lip slightly, depends how hard your suspension is

I doubt it mate, they are +43 on the rear, so they are close to stock. There are people on here that run much more aggresive offsets than this without any problems.

Guest Garfy
I doubt it mate, they are +43 on the rear, so they are close to stock. There are people on here that run much more aggresive offsets than this without any problems.

Hopefully you will be ok then, I had to with the GTR's I was running 265's at the time, I've now changed to 255's and lowered it a bit more on the back, will be returning to 265's soon though :)

Edited by Garfy (see edit history)

Hopefully you will be ok then, I had to with the GTR's I was running 265's at the time, I've now changed to 255's and lowered it a bit more on the back, will be returning to 265's soon though :)

These are 275's on the rear, and they're still stretched. Do the GTR's run the 10" wheel?

Very nice, are they cheaper than the similar BBS ones? Lighter?

How come it isn't raining in your photos?

I'm not sure about weight in comparison to the BBS. But yes they are considerably cheaper, though they are not wheelmania cheap.

I've had Rotas before, despite what the yanks say about them, I found the build quality to be brilliant.

Guest Garfy

oh no, the GTR is 9.5" on the back, sounds like they are very different then, I didn't realise they were 19" at first either, ignore my pointless comments, lol :)

I'm not sure about weight in comparison to the BBS. But yes they are considerably cheaper, though they are not wheelmania cheap.

I've had Rotas before, despite what the yanks say about them, I found the build quality to be brilliant.

I'd imagine the BBS would be lighter and better quality. Rotas are nice wheels, don't get me wrong, and they're a good alternative to the genuine article, but there's a reason why they're cheap.

I always remember a video I watched of the process that goes into making Volks (I think it was Volks) and the prescision in wheel making and quality control is amazing! This put me off cheaper wheels, as they will never have the same amount of effort put into creating a high quality wheel.

That said, your Rotas look very shiney! :D And they will look great on your Supe :cool: