Another.. Should I or Shouldnt I ??

Lee_e

spray it.. yes or no ??  

11 members have voted

1. 1. spray it.. yes or no ??

• yes
    • no

Hey Guys

Went to my local bodyshop place today and they gave me an amazingly cheap quote for spraying my carbon bonnet.

The thing is im in 2 minds wether or not to get it sprayed white to match the rest of my car. alot of people say theres no point in having carbon fibre if you paint it and then people cant see it, but to me i know its there and thats all that matters :D.

on my old car i colour coded most of it as i like the smoothness of colour matching etc

Id love to know what your thoughts are, and yess i know its my car and i should do what i thinks right but everybody needs a push in the right direction [GRIN][/GRIN]

2009-06-25 11.47.28.jpg

4654_225904160592_596955592_7259987_7046396_n.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it real carbon fibre? I've always assumed that genuine CF panels are hideously expensive and that most people have CF lookalike panels, but I may be wrong.

*If* it is fake, then it boils down to a choice of whether you like the CF look or not. I guess it boils down to that anyway. :) I personally don't like mismatched panels: they remind me of people who go to a breakers and get a replacement panel for their car, which invariably doesn't match their own car's colour.

Guest blueangel
Spray it.

Or don't spray it.

What do you think you should do?

Maybe you should set the bonnet on fire? Yes, kill it with fire.

HTH.

lol your a handy guy to know fella

spray it fella will be loads better

lol cheers for the comments guys.

I bought the car like that and I like the style of bonnet so dont want to replace it. im thinking im gunna spray it :wacko:

anybody good at photoshopping it white lol i really have no computer knowledge of that kind of stuff so any help is grand.

I feel as Stevie b has said, mis-matched panels look a bit...umm...strange. In addition to that, you car with its b&w combo may does look like a taxi IMHO.

Hopefully some of our esteemed and highly knowledgeable members like michael will be along to give you clear guidance :)

:tongue:

Spray it green, Kawazaki green, it's the new black.

For some reason and I don't know why I do really I feel this thread should/could be merged with the "Help with my shed roof" one.

Too many good ideas may go to waste if action isn't taken :(

I feel as Stevie b has said, mis-matched panels look a bit...umm...strange. In addition to that, you car with its b&w combo may does look like a taxi IMHO.

I couldn't agree more.

They look like you've had a front end bump, fitted a fibreglass bonnet and didn't have the money or couldn't be bothered to spray it to match the rest of the car.

Such as Michael's idea of killing it with fire.

Yeah, and there was something about Leopards I liked.

I couldn't agree more.

They look like you've had a front end bump, fitted a fibreglass bonnet and didn't have the money or couldn't be bothered to spray it to match the rest of the car.

So. What will he do? The walls are closing in and a decision is due...

If carbon fibre was green im sure you would spray it there would be no two ways about it?:D

Although im torn as i quite like the TRD spoiler with the carbon insert left unsprayed however i think the car would look better with the bonnet sprayed ;)