The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of advice please from you guys/girls !!!

Suprababe2

Want to respray my supra as there's a few marks around it that need tidying.I got the front bumper and passenger door sprayed a few months ago, but despite getting a compound polish after it I'm still not happy with it. I was seriously contemplating the lamborghini grey that a few members have on here but I can't bear to break from black.

My boyfriend was on about BMW carbon black but I was just wondering is there any other suggestions you might have for me :)

I don't want anything with a flake through it

A member on another site suggested this colour, link is for overhaulin lance armstrong episode...

Thinking about smoothing out the back totally by getting rid of the badges and the centre brake light too.

I'm going to try source some clear indicators for the front bumper and clear side repeaters,try get a set of facelift headlights and maybe spray mesh black in bumper.

Plans sound well or not ?

Couple of pics of my car..

Thanks very much Gaz6002, I don't drive it fast enough to be investing in a set of big brakes ! Might just paint my own j-spec brakes gold again, very tatty at the moment :(

Good thinking... it doesn't take long to paint calipers. You do have a lovely looking motor there though. Looks like you take car of her. ;)

Good thinking... it doesn't take long to paint calipers. You do have a lovely looking motor there though. Looks like you take car of her. ;)

If by me, you mean himself then ya I do ! I don't mind paying out for the respray or parts etc but I get the boyfriend to clean it for me :)

He'll take you up on that I bet Dave!

Anyway what do ye reckon about

1. Smoothing rear ?

2. Painting calipers gold ? (thanks gaz6002)

3. Facelift headlights ?

4. Clear front bumper indicators/side repeaters ?

5. Spray mesh black ?

6. Get rid of aerial/smooth off ?

I paid for it, he cleans it aswell as his own, haha. He usually gets a nice cup of tea for his troubles though .

this car is mint she keeps it spotless or sorry he keeps it spotless for her just waiting for him to clean mine

Sounds like all you need to do is put the kettle on. :D

To be honest we have a carbon black M5 within the family circle and IMO its over rated but the name 'carbon black' sounds good to many people.

Personally for the Supra I think a gleaming black would be best, may be worth just driving past a few showrooms and searching the net for pictures of black cars, when you see a black you like get the paint code for it and give it to the body shop.

I had a black 53' Jaguar XKR. Not sure what the exact name of the black was (ebony black?) but once polished up it looked stunning. May be worth taking a trip to a Mercedes, Audi, Jaguar and Aston Martin and Ferrari dealership to see what black's they have.

Here's a picture of my recently cleaned standard 202 Black Supra.

7cut.jpg

10cut.jpg

11cut.jpg

Token cleaner checking in here : That jag xk looks stunning I must research that colour. Edit: It is ebony black :) colour code PEC

Unfotunately where I'm living there isn't an aston martin or ferrari dealership within 160 miles. Might have a pop into local audi and merc dealerships though. Thanks for the advice.

Keep suggestions coming though please!

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)