The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon centre section on Do-Luck front?

Dave_SZ-R

I fancy having the middle section of my Do-Luck front in carbon fibre, as in the attached pic. Seen a couple of cars with this done. I take it this is just a piece of carbon look vinyl/ film cut to fit this section of the bumper? Any help is appreciated!

doluckcarb.jpg

Guest Jagga

I'm pritty sure that the late do-luck bumpers came with the c/f middle section. The type 3 (this one) has the c/f bit where as the type 2 is the normal fiberglass i think.

The carbon centre is indeed vinyl. I covered it myself but mind you it did take about 4hrs to get it right LOL.

After it had stuck I ran a seam of paint on the underside of the bumper and over the end of the vinyl to stop it lifting if it gets scraped from the dreaded speed ramps.

Guest Jagga

A couple of years a go a company called Modellista copied the Do-Luck type 2 front bumper and added a c/f middle section to it and this became known unoficially as the type 3. This was a couple of years ago and so my knowledge may be a little sketchy, but I remember looking into it back then. I'l try to dig up something for you if i get time when I get home tonight :)