The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Raffle to win widearch Supra TT!!!!

Tones

Ok guys,gauging interest here as a friend called me and needs his Supra TT gone in a few weeks so he decided to raffle it off, tickets going to be only 50 euro each!! Small amount of tickets being sold too so will be good chance of winning (-250).

Details removed by mawby

Edited by Tones (see edit history)

£12.5k for a TT auto?? Good luck! You'll have to put up much better pics than that to generate any kind of interest.

Holy mother of god, can u read the thing please? I said il get good pics tmrw, im just putting this thread up to generate interest to see if its worthwhile doing, i dont see the problem with owning an immaculate TT supra for 50 quid, do you???

Hi, not wanting to be a stick in the mud, but how are you going to demonstrate that this raffle is legitimate? I'd want to see some evidence before I parted with £50 of my money.

No offence, but there are lots of scams around like this.

I dont know? Would they mind? The car costs him over 20k, are you suggesting hes trying to make money?

That's very expensive for what it is mate. You never get back anywhere near the money you spend on modifying cars. I don't think he's trying to make money, but that price isn't representative.

Hi, not wanting to be a stick in the mud, but how are you going to demonstrate that this raffle is legitimate? I'd want to see some evidence before I parted with £50 of my money.

No offence, but there are lots of scams around like this.

Is there?? tbh he only called me on it a few hours ago and i said i would help him out, il talk to him tmrw when i go over to take the pictures, its very real and the car is very very clean, ive been a member here for years, no scam ;)

Holy mother of god, can u read the thing please? I said il get good pics tmrw, im just putting this thread up to generate interest to see if its worthwhile doing, i dont see the problem with owning an immaculate TT supra for 50 quid, do you???

And I replied, showing that you've generated interest (good or bad) so there's your goal achieved.

maybe and yes

Number 1, like i said hes losing THOUSANDS, and number 2 what do you care if he maked 100k or loses 100k?? The owner of this car will have paid 50 euro for it, I dont see what your problem is

that's very expensive for what it is mate. You never get back anywhere near the money you spend on modifying cars. I don't think he's trying to make money, but that price isn't representative.

the car is going to the new owner for 50 euro!!!!!!!

Number 1, like i said hes losing THOUSANDS, and number 2 what do you care if he maked 100k or loses 100k?? The owner of this car will have paid 50 euro for it, I dont see what your problem is

Hey calm down, I spent more than double that on my single and sold it for less than £15K, you never get your money back

Its a good idea I just think you could have asked the mods first then put up a decent add with full explination of how it works, who will draw the raffle ticket for example to ensure its a fair draw

the roblem is he sells tickets, gets money, coincidently pulls his best mates name out of hat, Bingo he has wad of cash, best m8 has car everyone else gets f**k all for £50..

Dude, like I said I have to call over to him tmrw to get better pics and talk about it properly, this is just to get names to see if its worth while doing!! The car is real, the owner is bang on, maybe a live stream of the raffle can be sorted for people who cant make the trip etc etc

EDIT: Ehhh just saw u edited ur post from "Problem" to "scam", this isnt a scam

Hey calm down, I spent more than double that on my single and sold it for less than £15K, you never get your money back

Its a good idea I just think you could have asked the mods first then put up a decent add with full explination of how it works, who will draw the raffle ticket for example to ensure its a fair draw

I am calm, you just have to jump in with ur smart comments ;) the mods can remove it if they want for now i didnt think of that. Like i said there is no scam here at all, its a very very genuine clean TT supra going to a new owner for 50 euro (43 stg), thats all..I just told u once so i dont know why im repeating myself but he isnt lookin for his money back, hes losing thousands on it

Loads of folks have tried to do this over the years but it always boils down to the fact that folks won't put a sum like £50 or even £10 into a lottery where they have no way of knowing whether the draw will be fair.

Folks don't know if the raffle organizer might engineer things so that his best mate wins. How would get around this? If you can't it's going to be a non-starter.

We used to do loads of raffles for the cars we fixed on our camp motor club and they way we did it was "sold" a number 1 to 49 and used the bonus ball on the national lottery to pick the winner.

That way it was out of the "owners" hands and evryone would know the results straight away and know it was genuine

Only problem is you need to sell all numbers.

We had someting very simliar run in Plymouth City Centre once by an event company offereing a SLK as a prize for a £5.00 ticket.

They never sold enough tickets and I believe it was country wide too, and they pulled the plug pocketing the cash as I remember too!

Was quiet a big who ha about it at the time, what will you do if you take peoples money and then dont actually achieve what you were looking for money wise ;)

Just thought its an angle nobody has thought of yet, and one you may want to bare in mind too!

Unless you have a gambling license you can only sell the raffle tickets to a private group, not the general public. As your friend isn't even a member here our club members would be classed as general public, so no gambling license, no raffle.

That said, the only raffling off of cars I would be prepared to have advertised on the forum are cars being raffled by the club. I've nearly done that a few times now but even when we know the car is good and it isn't a scam there are still too many potential headaches involved hence we haven't done it yet. One day though.....