The mkiv Supra Owners Club

good quality front bumper?

Lee_e

hey guys

iv done alot of searching on the "search" button and found nothing.

Basically i want a new front bumper as i dont really like my current one, iv looked on e-gay but i dnt trust there replicas as i had sumthing from ebay before that was the worst fit ever.

so where would i find a decent quality and good fit front bumper ? website?

cheers guys

As above.

May I also suggest a genuine Stillen one. Made from Urithane (sp?) which is so much better with regards to strenth than fibreglass. Great fit too. Obviously which ever way you go genuine is likely to be far better than replica.

Stock bumper for a 100% fit, add a lower lip and there you go IMO

Stock is probably the only way to get a 100% fit, and there are some great looking cars with the stock front and a nice lip.

Personally, I dont worry too much about fibreglass, as Im lucky enough to have a good, trusted local bodyshop who dont charge me a fortune. This means that if I need a little repair now and again its not a problem. My Blitz rear was a rubbish fit when I bought it, but the shutlines on it now are perfect, because the bodyshop guys knew what they were doing.

Ive heard of lots of places that do replica kits that promise near-perfect fitment, only for their stuff to be as shonky as EBays cheapest.

cheers for the ideas guys, has anybody ordered or had experience with replikit? they have big adverts in bonzai magazine etc and garuntee perfect fitment.

They have a very poor reputation, but are cheap. YPCYPT ;)

Stock is obviously the best fit, but Stillen are also very good and made of plastic, so are a lot better made and are flexible.

Other than that, you're going to be looking at buying original Japanese ones, I've yet to see a single copy kit I'd be happy with without major work.

oh right lol after reading that thread i wont be ordering anything from replikit.

iv heard there is 1 or a couple of good fitment ones on ebay ?!

if any1 could point me in the direction of a goody then please fell free. :D

Guest youngin_f_l

Advice needed also,

My Supe's got VS Skirts & Spats, but not front bumper or lip, so its just stock and looks daft

any ideas whether to get a lip or full bumper to make it look more balanced?!

(Sorry for hi-jacking your thread dude lol)

Personally, I don't like lips; just the active spoiler.

The Do-Luck bumper fits the VS skirts very nicely.

I might consider selling my Top Secret bumper for the right price.

EDIT: Do-luck with VS skirts

http://ma-imports.net/images/blue%20supra/Supra01.JPG

Edited by martini
Adding a wee image (see edit history)

your website somehow wont let me select supra under "bodykits" :(

but yes im looking to purchase one in the upcoming months.

what are your prices like and if possible can you give me a few examples of pictures of your fittment etc

cheers