The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Technical help required!!

Guest gone0-60mph

Guest gone0-60mph

Hello. I was recently having a discussion with Nick (A Tuner from Couture Autos in Dunboyne Ireland) He was saying that I could be looking at 500hp from replacing Turbos with larger unit, Injectors, a stand alone ECU and a boost controller. At the moment there is a full exhaust system and a F.M.I.C on the car. My car is a 1995 tt manual. Would this info sound correct or what else would I be looking at upgrading to achieve this type of power. Could anyone give me an idea at what would be the most cost effective way to achieve these power gains? Any info/help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Killian

Guest gone0-60mph
Don't double post, you won't get any advice & will just p**s people off. Pay for membership & don't be afraid to use the search button.

Sorry, Not trying to piss anybody off. What do you mean by double post? I done a quick introductory and then a quick question in another forum as the question was not related the intro?

Don't double post, you won't get any advice & will just p**s people off. Pay for membership & don't be afraid to use the search button.

Sorry, Not trying to piss anybody off. What do you mean by double post? I done a quick introductory and then a quick question in another forum as the question was not related the intro?

:search:

Unless a Mod has done a clean up I can't see the same question being asked in his 3 posts.

However as Jsy_Guy said, don't be afraid to use the search function, there are very detailed threads, project threads for you have a read through. This will give you an idea on what you need and the work involved.

The stock twins (assuming they are still stock and is J-Spec?) will max out at about 450bhp at the wheels if done properly, how long they will last is another story.

By upgrading to larger unit does the tuner mean going single or going big twins? Both ways will require the work you mentioned plus other things i.e manifold, cams, new downpipe as your one will be too small probably then there is mapping. Depending ECU you go for you may not need a Boost controller.

You will be looking at a minimum of £5-6k to get to that power going small single, more if it is big twins.

Guest gone0-60mph

Sorry, I used the search button and found a thread on the minimum requirements to go to a single Turbo. Very detailed and very helpful. Thanks for the help.