The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not impressed after rolling road!

supraszr

OK I had my car put on one of those mobile rollingf roads today and my car apparantly came in at under 200Bhp:( and im suprised to say the least 225Bhp is out of the factory and I know Bhp can reduce over the years but come on.

Everyone thinks they did a poor job when on the rollers and apparantly being mobile there not calibrated (If this correct?) Should I be worried or wait and test it on a proper rolling road before getting to down about it all.

Or should I be looking at a full service and maybe go back to stock intake and remove the HKS one?

Let me know what you guys think.:)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK I had my car put on one of those mobile rollingf roads today and my car apparantly came in at under 200Bhp:( and im suprised to say the least 225Bhp is out of the factory and I know Bhp can reduce over the years but come on.

Everyone thinks they did a poor job when on the rollers and apparantly being mobile there not calibrated (If this correct?) Should I be worried or wait and test it on a proper rolling road before getting to down about it all.

Or should I be looking at a full service and maybe go back to stock intake and remove the HKS one?

I've seen worse.

Taking the hks of would make a difference as they aren't good, and a full service will free up some lost horses if it hasn't had one for a while.

When the na engine is at wide open throttle the output of the oxygen sensor is ignored, not sure if this is the same with tt's?

Spot on, it's the same for almost every car that performs closed loop emissions. Some modern ones in the constant drive for efficiency and emissions etc are more advanced now but you're talking high end recent models.

-Ian

Sounds quite a realistic figure for an engine with a lot of years behind it. The ONLY rolling roads even worth thinking about actual figures from are the hub type. The roller ones can vary nearly that much depending on tyre make, wear and pressures.

not being funny mate but actually what is the point putting a bog stock n/a on a dyno anyway, you pretty much know what its going to make, as for the power its seems about right for a 16 year old car, to still think it will make what it made out of the factory all those years ago seems a bit naive, as for the service you should do this before you rag the arse off it on a dyno rather than after :blink:

As others have said, 200bhp sounds in the right ballpark for what should be expected. From what I've read on here, rolling roads seem to be mainly good for comparison tests using the same RR. For example, you could test your car before performing some mods, then test it after. Using a different RR seems to introduce a fair bit of uncertainty, as each RR can be set up differently.

Seems spot on to me! Any NA making more than that will most likely have been modded. Putting a car on a mobile RR is great for comparing it to other motors on the same day on the same RR but that is about it.

You can try more RR's and convince yourself that the one that gives the highest reading is the most accurate or just tell the operator what figure you want to achieve and I am sure they can make it happen.

As long as she drives well and is well maintained and you enjoy driving her then be happy with that. If you want to chase bhp figures I would change your car.

My old na was 200 so thats the right figure for a car of that age. Apparently scoobies have the worst bhp loss. When my na was done i was a bit down but they said if it was a scooby of same age it could be 50 bhp loss. And that 200 is a fly not wheels, worked out 160 wheels so mate about 210 wheels is a bit odd if standard? When you hear standard bhp figures its always fly not wheels!

My old na was 200 so thats the right figure for a car of that age. Apparently scoobies have the worst bhp loss. When my na was done i was a bit down but they said if it was a scooby of same age it could be 50 bhp loss. And that 200 is a fly not wheels, worked out 160 wheels so mate about 210 wheels is a bit odd if standard? When you hear standard bhp figures its always fly not wheels!

My original NA auto was about the same at the wheels (164 bhp) at SRR. Charlie said that was about right for the age.

Thanks for all your help guys, I was a bit down about it I only put it on to see what it would do didn’t have any expectations really. The figure as far as I am aware was 174 but im waiting on conformation.

Think I will get rid of the HKS filter as I don’t think it’s doing the car any favours, It has had a service since I have owned it but maybe it’s time for the full works to be done on it.

I only wanted peoples opinions and am a little naive sometimes.

not being funny mate but actually what is the point putting a bog stock n/a on a dyno anyway, you pretty much know what its going to make, as for the power its seems about right for a 16 year old car, to still think it will make what it made out of the factory all those years ago seems a bit naive, as for the service you should do this before you rag the arse off it on a dyno rather than after :blink:

Not being funny either mate but why be so rude it was a simple post and there was no need to be funny.

Yes its and N/A but no its not 16 years old its just over 12 and it only has 67000 on the clock some of that is Kilometres. So it’s not the old dog you make it out to be

Yes I am a little naive hence the post.

Not being funny either mate but why be so rude it was a simple post and there was no need to be funny.

Yes its and N/A but no its not 16 years old its just over 12 and it only has 67000 on the clock some of that is Kilometres. So it’s not the old dog you make it out to be

Well in

NA POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWER!

i thought these machines told you the power at the wheel and there is then an 'estimated' calculation of what is lost in the gearbox etc. and depending on the said 'estimate' determines whether they get more work or lots more work ;) ie a bit of honesty does not go down too well with some folks who want a big number.

so feel free to add a 10bhp here or there and say it is lost at some point before the wheels.

too right, no need to be rude! i dont get some people

ok, no offense intended, its just to me a dyno is a tuning tool and is probably one of the single most stressfull things you can do to a car, i did not know the age of your car so i took a guess and was 4 years out ;), my point was why put a completely standard (apparently healthy) 16 year old car (turns out to be 12 yo) and subject it to a the stress's of a dyno when you already know what power it runs, then you say your going to put it back on the dyno when you have serviced it :blink:, how many times do you think you can get away with this until something gives and your posting up "whats wrong with my car"

Thank god for this thread. My NA went on a dyno in Bolton about two years ago and it was 167 at the wheels. I thought that the engine was fubar..!!:(

The car goes well and although it has the weight disadvantage of an LPG system on board it was still only 1/2 sec slower than the other NA's at Pod. It's recently had a compression test on all the cylinders and they are all very healthy.

I would get a TT if you want bigger numbers mate.....;)

H.