The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey

Guest Tanker

Guest Tanker

Hi, my names Chris, im a 26yr old builder from the northwest (just in case you wanted to know :) )

Im currently hunting for my first supra TT, looking for a standard black auto if any one knows of one for sale.

Iv recently dismantled my modified mr2 turbo (unfortunately was worth more in bits) and prior to that iv had a few hot hatches, one of which an xr2i (i was young :)) which i painstakingly modified to 153whp using a bored out seirra 1.8 block to 2.0ltr, full flowed and ported head, custom cam profile, solid lifters, the list goes on and a enough cash to have probably bought and insured a supra. Looking back it was a bit stupid but fun none the less in such a light go kart like car that would give much more expensive cars a run for there money.

Any way, i love my cars/motor sport and i like to research as much as i like to tinker, which lead me to here. So hello.

Tanker

Guest Tanker

Its a really nice car but yes its over my budget, the spec of the car isnt my top priority all it needs to be is a TT auto, preferably in black with a few comforts like air con (not sure if they all have air con?) im not even bothered about the bigger brakes as they'd be one of my priority's to change to after market items.

Also on my internet hunt yesterday i was searching through an american forum, and came across a statement saying the auto was better for drag racing? is this true? and if so how do you launch an auto, iv never owned one before so have no clue.

tanker

Its a really nice car but yes its over my budget, the spec of the car isnt my top priority all it needs to be is a TT auto, preferably in black with a few comforts like air con (not sure if they all have air con?) im not even bothered about the bigger brakes as they'd be one of my priority's to change to after market items.

Also on my internet hunt yesterday i was searching through an american forum, and came across a statement saying the auto was better for drag racing? is this true? and if so how do you launch an auto, iv never owned one before so have no clue.

tanker

Welcome :)

There is loads of threads about the auto box, and how to launch etc, just do a search :)

What's your budget for a TT if you don't mind me asking?

Guest Tanker
Welcome :)

There is loads of threads about the auto box, and how to launch etc, just do a search :)

What's your budget for a TT if you don't mind me asking?

Around the 8k mark, if the daily driver sells quick maybe more, but thats girlfriend dependent, she might kill me if i go to mad.

Tanker

Around the 8k mark, if the daily driver sells quick maybe more, but thats girlfriend dependent, she might kill me if i go to mad.

Tanker

Around 8k should get you a fairly decent TT auto. There was a TT auto which went for £1.7k needed a bit of work.