The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting Car Back Today After Engine Rebuild

optim8

Just like to share with you that after my suspected Head Gasket which turned out to be a warped block, I'm picking it up this evening after pretty much full engine rebuild.

Gotta take it easy for 500 miles, then it's back in the workshop for an oil change and full check over, also getting a Stainless Exhaust fitted at the same time.

I could of bought another Supra with the money I've spent but at least I know exactly where I'm at with it from now on in.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys in the southwest at future events.

Cheers,

http://www.testpilot.co.uk/supra/kieransupra.jpg

if you dont mind saying how much does a full rebuild cost approx please

Everything I needed doing brought the cost in just over 4k, but this included skimming the head and block, presure testing, new rad, new hoses and a number of other bits which wouldn't need doing on a straight rebuild. did get a 6 month warranty on everything too which is great.

Really nice to have the car back though. Better be a nice weekend so I can enjoy it.

I was there when it was fired up for the first time, cars clean dude..

U sure only 500miles, Jason said 1000 for mine?

Thanks for the feedback, wish I'd been there on first start. Running really sweet now, well happy. Yeh he basically said more miles the better for it in the long run. 1000 miles is a lot to do when it's not my daily drive!!! Going to take it easy as long as needed cause can't afford that again!!!! Cheers