The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto-meter guages

trinitom

IMO They are budget gauges, i would not religh on them being accurate. As most things you get whay you pay for, I have a set of Defi. I would go for a good known brand like defi or blitz etc

yes you are right, but why are they featured on the Vin Diesel car on the last F&F movie?

this will cost a very high amount of money to Auto-meter to get them on the movie!

And on movies of this class I’m sure they don’t let crap stuff to get in!

• 1 year later...

I've got Autometer Ultralite boost and oil temp gauges, never had a problem with them. I bought them after seeing them in loads of high end race/drag cars so thought they should be pretty good for mechanical gauges. I wouldn't touch the Auto-gauge copies though.

The boost gauge always seems to read the same as my GReddy boost controller too at a quick glance.

Edited by manny (see edit history)

I have a BLitz boost gauge and my GF bought me a Autogauge one for Christmas, didnt have the heart to say that the one I had already was better, but to my surprise, the Auto gauge one gave identical reading to the Blitz, and looked better, I suppose the question is for how long.

IMO They are budget gauges, i would not religh on them being accurate. As most things you get whay you pay for, I have a set of Defi. I would go for a good known brand like defi or blitz etc

Prob exactly the opposite, especially if you go for the liquid filled guages, they almost all a manual as opposed to electrical guage, have a look in any top fuel or Pro mod car and you will always find Autometer guages, without a doubt my fav make of guage, sensibly priced and very robust, kind of like a mans guage or go for an overpriced fragile guage like any of the jap types.

Good choice, go for the ultralite liquid filled and spend the £100's you will save on other mods;)

I have a full set of Defi's in my race car and would much rather have Autometers, which it will prob have next year.

Edited by dude (see edit history)

I have a BLitz boost gauge and my GF bought me a Autogauge one for Christmas, didnt have the heart to say that the one I had already was better, but to my surprise, the Auto gauge one gave identical reading to the Blitz, and looked better, I suppose the question is for how long.

Just to clarify here........Autoguage and Autometer are entirely different, almost every High end drag car and muscle car in the states is built using AUTOMETER.