The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New bushes have arrived :)

ManwithSupra

Not as expensive as the powerflex ones apparantly. These came in delivered at just a few pounds over £300

was that for front and back ,all brushes?

My front powerflex set wasa about 200 euro but it has 12 or so brushes just for the front

I got mine done last month, to be honest dont feel any difference in ride comfort

Front Anti Roll Bar Bush x 2

Front Lower Wishbone Front Bush x 2

Front Lower Wishbone Rear Bush x 2

Front Upper Wishbone Bush x 4

Steering Rack Mount Bush Kit x 1

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

was that for front and back ,all brushes?

My front powerflex set wasa about 200 euro but it has 12 or so brushes just for the front

I got mine done last month, to be honest dont feel any difference in ride comfort

Front Anti Roll Bar Bush x 2

Front Lower Wishbone Front Bush x 2

Front Lower Wishbone Rear Bush x 2

Front Upper Wishbone Bush x 4

Steering Rack Mount Bush Kit x 1

Yes £300 was for the front and the back

Thanks for this, the £300 is definately appealing compared to the circa £500 many retailers want.

Keep us posted on how things are and your commenst once these are fitted.

Will do :D

These will be fitted in the next couple of weeks so i will be back with the verdict and some comments :)

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

So you replace all the bushes, but have to keep the $#@!ty old ball joints? (unless you replace the arms.)

Do new arms come with new bushes installed?

Im pretty sure my ball joints will be ok :) i dont have any symptoms of them failing as yet (No knocking, or any play that i can tell anyway etc)

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

So you replace all the bushes, but have to keep the $#@!ty old ball joints? (unless you replace the arms.)

this was my view but with the demise of Nic the costs of replacing all the control arms is now horrendous (£1500 + just for the rears :() so i am taking the same tack as Richard replacing the bushs and replace the ball joints on an as need basis

this was my view but with the demise of Nic the costs of replacing all the control arms is now horrendous (£1500 + just for the rears :() so i am taking the same tack as Richard replacing the bushs and replace the ball joints on an as need basis

Have I missed something, I thought Nic was just unwell, I didn't think he was gone forever.?!? :blink:

Don't get me wrong, your logic is sound. If it ain't broke , don't fix it. :D

How do you replace the ball joints??? Is there a toyota ball joint 'kit' that you can get and refurb the old arms? Or do you mean when the ball joint goes you will get a new arm?

How do you replace the ball joints??? Is there a toyota ball joint 'kit' that you can get and refurb the old arms? Or do you mean when the ball joint goes you will get a new arm?

You need to buy the whole arm to replace the balljoints , unfortunetly not sold seperate or any refurb kits

Well, I've just done this on the rear of mine as I needed the ball joints and it came in at a touch over a grand. Thats minus the strut rods (the one with no ball joints), as you can just replace the bushes. Got all the parts needed including bolts, nuts, camber adjusters etc, and all from Paul of Whifbitz fame, nice chap that he is.

Do new arms come with new bushes installed?

Most of these cars are pretty low miles for their year, so its generally just the rubber from the bushes perishing over time, which is worst affected rather than the ball joints. Cost for the arms alone is around £2k from toyota.