The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I know Im gonna get flamed but I like it...

jihwaan

I know all the replies are going to be "veilside sux" but I like it and I am the one who has to drive it...anyhoo-

now that i have that outa' the way-

thought I would post a pic of my sup' with the latest editions (new seats and cf custom TS style bonnet now painted)..

http://www.niceandnorty.com.au/a1_small.jpg

***edit - before painted bonnet pic

http://www.niceandnorty.com.au/a2.jpg

Edited by jihwaan (see edit history)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks heaps for the response guys !!

its my pride and joy... And yeh, I am in australia.. I painted the bonnet coz I wanted to - I prefer the look of it... Ill post a pic of it before it was painted when i get home in about half an hour from work...

.. wondering why you got a CF hood and then painted it?

I was always under the impression that Carbon fibre was supposed to be painted (correct me if I'm wrong) and that people didn't paint it just to show that they had a piece of Carbon Fibre?

i love it and im a big fan of the veilside look dont listen to the poo poo'ers most will be just trying to get you to buy the more expensive kits anyway....that bonnet is awesome as well im still looking for something like that in the uk

Guest bennyessex

Love the bonnet, I was thinking about doing the same myself!

Apparently people dont usually paint them because the dark surface stops light reflecting up at the screen.... Not sure how true that is.

Nice car though!

It looks lush, even with the surf board on the back :p Joking apart mate it looks good, have to agree with the consensus on the lights, they need replacing as the yellowing plastic kind of spoils the overall gleaming paintwork...next mod on the list?? ;) Very nice though :cool:

Linda

x

cheers guys... Yeh I need to change the orange indicators in the front , anyone know where I can get some clear ones?

The headlights need replacing but its a $$ issue at the moment.. dont have anough lol... they are damn expensive.. they need another polish - that would at least help a bit.

Can someone post a picture of facelift lights and clear indicators with a Veilside kit.

I cannot tell the difference between these lights and facelift ones.

Look at foodfreaks profile. I believe his Veilside has clear/facelift indicators

The facelift headlights don't have the sidelight built in with the cluster. Facelifts can also go yellow too due to being plastic.

HTH

surely you mean pre facelift?

damn, I thought the general consensus on this forum was anti-veilside... :D

thanks for the tip on where to source the indicators..

Mate, if it's any consolation, I can't stand the kit :) That doesn't matter though; it's your car!

Your kit does seem to be done well though, I'll give you that ;)